JAP/JAE Riggers, post your pics!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, thanks

Thanks Ron, I have no idea where this will make peak tq/power.... once I get everything laid out its going up to Ed Bridges for some dyno time... he's developing his own boat mix of fuel and we've rounded up a bunch of stuff to test. Might be a month before I get it back so I need to make sure everything is laid out so I can seal the hull while its gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, that's just a starting point. You may have to go longer but I doubt that but your's could go a little shorter than 8-1/2". You can always cut short then use the coupler to cover the space. I made a pipe mounting bracket that I hope will allow me to test various pipes and lengths.

hey tony nice build, where did you pick up those radio box seals, those would work great on a little project i am workin on thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool, thanks

Thanks Ron, I have no idea where this will make peak tq/power.... once I get everything laid out its going up to Ed Bridges for some dyno time... he's developing his own boat mix of fuel and we've rounded up a bunch of stuff to test. Might be a month before I get it back so I need to make sure everything is laid out so I can seal the hull while its gone.
Be careful running two high speed needles. That could turn into a real headache.

Zach

hey tony nice build, where did you pick up those radio box seals, those would work great on a little project i am workin on thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matt: Those are the miss vegas antenna seals. I used those on my whiplash radio box because they were small. the rod slides through them. I will have to keep them greased to keep water out. Rick

Ya they're aquacraft for antennas or linkage... super tiny and lightweight

Cool, thanks

Be careful running two high speed needles. That could turn into a real headache.

Zach
Ya, they're not too bad. Thats the way I ran my OS XM outboards for years... with a BVM 3rd channel needle and it worked great. Just have to run the carb HSN as rich as it can be without leaking and the remote needle controls the rest.... I do try and mount it as close as possible though, it cant be too far away wihtout getting into some issues.

Our 12 G is ready for water. all i need is a Os needle for it. Paint is Testors Italian Red hmm to go with the Nova. We cleared with the 2 part can stuff someone spoke of on here. If its nitro proof we will buy more as its great to use..

Looks good mike, what did you use for epoxy on your wood and let us know how the clear acts with nitro :D

Im a cheater I used Min Wax about 5 coats sands good could have used a few more coats but we got in a hurry. West slow in the engine bay. We also made our own collars and a button style pipe mount. My son wanted the radio box lid hassle free . I hope the pipe works or we will be looking for another...

Im a cheater I used Min Wax about 5 coats sands good could have used a few more coats but we got in a hurry. West slow in the engine bay. We also made our own collars and a button style pipe mount. My son wanted the radio box lid hassle free . I hope the pipe works or we will be looking for another...

Looks good Mike! I see those collars that you made...nice! Is that one of andy's struts?

-Kent

Our 12 G is ready for water. all i need is a Os needle for it. Paint is Testors Italian Red hmm to go with the Nova. We cleared with the 2 part can stuff someone spoke of on here. If its nitro proof we will buy more as its great to use..
Hello Mike, congratulations for this very beatiful rigger, i have to see that you use this ''white collar boom'', i think in nylon or acetate, please let me know where i can buy this items in the USA, or you can help my with this my request.

Thanks and Regards.

Giuseppe - Italy

Looks good Mike! I see those collars that you made...nice! Is that one of andy's struts?

-Kent
The strut is Speedmaster turned around backwards and the nose cut off. If need be we will cut some more off. Hello Mike, congratulations for this very beatiful rigger, i have to see that you use this ''white collar boom'', i think in nylon or acetate, please let me know where i can buy this items in the USA, or you can help my with this my request.

Thanks and Regards.

Giuseppe - Italy My son made the collars I will ask if he can make you some...........Mike

-Kent
The strut is Speedmaster turned around backwards and the nose cut off. If need be we will cut some more off. Hello Mike, congratulations for this very beatiful rigger, i have to see that you use this ''white collar boom'', i think in nylon or acetate, please let me know where i can buy this items in the USA, or you can help my with this my request.

Thanks and Regards.

Giuseppe - Italy My son made the collars I will ask if he can make you some...........Mike
Ah, Speedmaster....I have a couple of those laying around. I was actually thinking of using one for my .21 JAE!

Thanks,

Kent

-Kent

Thanks and Regards.

Hi Mike, thank you for this information, in case let me know the material that i have used for build, and if possible to have some photos (large) direct to my email : [email protected]

Thanks and Regards.

Giuseppe - Italy

Got mine done The .12 Zippkit. I put a snap tie & piano wire to hold the tunning pipe. I also used packing noodles for the fuel tank as well as the battery The battery is up in frount I have taken it to the garage to start up,That little engine is tight.Need to spin over a little,with no gas but starting oil ,will help with the newness. That belt is wider than the V & the lighness of the hull makeing things tough
14nok12.jpg
i3xnux.jpg
14e99gy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys I´m Hendrik Haarsma from the Netherlands and i´m also in the proces of building this little rigger.At the moment i´m waiting on my engine.But what i really want to know from you guys is the layout of you´re radioboxes.It´s a **** liitle box and i´m really don´t know how to put everything in the box :rolleyes:

100_2310.jpg

Here is mine, I'm not running a third channel though. The on off switch was not installed yet either, but it is all the way forward, on port side of boat. My recievier now sits in front of the throttle servo.

Back