Jae 12 build.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to have a lot of racers PO'ed at me because I bought her the JAE .12 as a wedding gift! Joe Petro threw in a prop with the deal.
Congratulations, Ron!! P.O'd??? I think it's great to have your wife sharing in your hobby!

Wes

I'm going to have a lot of racers PO'ed at me because I bought her the JAE .12 as a wedding gift! Joe Petro threw in a prop with the deal.
Congratulations, Ron!! P.O'd??? I think it's great to have your wife sharing in your hobby!

Wes
No I'm not married to Ron.. Ron bought that JAE.12 as a wedding gift to me.. I'm Married to joe aka joseywales on some boat websites.. Where good friends with Ron.. Threw the year when he was a mod on RCU boat website,he's been like a dad figure too me...been in r/c boating since july of 06..

Last edited by a moderator:

Wes
No I'm not married to Ron.. Ron bought that JAE.12 as a wedding gift to me.. I'm Married to joe aka joseywales on some boat websites.. Where good friends with Ron.. Threw the year when he was a mod on RCU boat website,he's been like a dad figure too me...been in r/c boating since july of 06..
WHOOPS!!! I'm sorry!! Man, did I blow THAT one!!! Being new on here, I don't know everyone.. my apologies!

Still- nice to see both genders involved in the hobby!

Wes

Terry, IF it turns out your tub isnt flat/level... you can change this to some extent by altering the amount of overhang at the rear on 1) ski or 2) sponsons. If you have enough excess material on the end, you can trim off some of the overhang (trimming the overhang from the sponson'll drop the nose; trimming from the ski will raise the nose). Rod told me it doesnt take much overhang - a 1mm - to achieve the desired affect.

If you cant remove material, you can always laminate 1/32 ply to the sponson and ski bottoms and extend either the ski overhang (will cause the nose to go down) or the sponsons overhang (raise the nose) to get the tub to set level.

I too never had my .12 exhibit any of the handling problems you're going thru.... something is not set up right... will be looking forward to what you & Ron Z/Martin figure out.

Ok guys,Joe casted off me a cowl for my .12 rigger.. He was up until 3:00am for two nights making two cowls for our riggers.. Used the dumas sport40 eagle cowl to cast off two cannapee/cockpit to try out..He's flared off the back of my cowl as a turbine exaust.. He saw that done to a rigger some were..it's not done yet until my engine come in to cut the top hole for the head and side hole for the header..So what do you guys think of it?

The canopy looks good. Joe was talking to me for a while during the night. Is that the cat that tore up your hand?

The canopy looks good. Joe was talking to me for a while during the night. Is that the cat that tore up your hand?
..cant do much to my boat.., joe is working on my boat for now,until my hand heals...and yes thats the cat..Joe's cat..it was my aunts cat.. my aunt told joe if somthing happends to her,she wanted him to take george.. thats joe's buddy..cat follows him around everywere and sleeps by him too...

Ok guys,Joe casted off me a cowl for my .12 rigger.. He was up until 3:00am for two nights making two cowls for our riggers.. Used the dumas sport40 eagle cowl to cast off two cannapee/cockpit to try out..He's flared off the back of my cowl as a turbine exaust.. He saw that done to a rigger some were..it's not done yet until my engine come in to cut the top hole for the head and side hole for the header..So what do you guys think of it?
Very nice,any idea of what that cowl weighs as is?

Very nice,any idea of what that cowl weighs as is?
dont know but it light.we'll get it wighted

ok rigger is white base color wright now. still trying to deside on colors and paint scheams. was thinking on 1971 mopar panther pink or this drag rigger.. trying to find out who's raced that rigger so I can find more pics of it.

Mines finally done, hitting the water saturday..... My first wood build.

P1010156.JPG

P1010159.JPG

P1010143.JPG

Back