is it just me or??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken t.

Is it my imagination or is it very difficult to find a .21 inboard. I have spent many hours surfing, only to find the same few dealers advertizing engines they don't stock. If you are lucky enough to find one you have to buy it right then and there or tomorrow it will be gone. A few have slide carbs, which won't work in my rigger hull because it's too narrow to set them up properly. Some are so expensive you need to sell body parts to pay for them. Others you don't even get a response when you inquire about their supply.

car engines are much easier to get and often cheaper, but have slide carbs and HUGE friggin heads,

I am fealing very frustrated. Me thinks this will be the last .21 size boat i build. :(

ken t. said:
Is it my imagination or is it very difficult to find a .21 inboard. I have spent many hours surfing, only to find the same few dealers advertizing engines they don't stock. If you are lucky enough to find one you have to buy it right then and there or tomorrow it will be gone. A few have slide carbs, which won't work in my rigger hull because it's too narrow to set them up properly. Some are so expensive you need to sell body parts to pay for them. Others you don't even get a response when you inquire about their supply.
car engines are much easier to get and often cheaper, but have slide carbs and HUGE friggin heads,

I am fealing very frustrated. Me thinks this will be the last .21 size boat i build. :(

95460[/snapback]

I have a modifyed OPS pro 21 with a muffeled Pico pipe this is a side exhaust aircooled head make offer.

Hap Mulvany said:
ken t. said:

95460[/snapback]

I have a modifyed OPS pro 21 with a muffeled Pico pipe this is a side exhaust aircooled head make offer.

95463[/snapback]

What sort of shape is it in, can you still get parts and what type of power does it make.

AndyBrown said:
Ken,
The buggy engine has a slide carb , no water jacket, and no flywheel.

Even at the low price you would spend more time and money trying to get it marine ready.

The best deal would be the Outboard at $259.  I'll swap the OB crank and PTO for for a Normal rotation crank,  inboard flywheel and back plate.

It would work out about the same if you got the buggy engine and bought a carb, water jacket and flywheel.

There are a number of these set ups out there running extreemly well.

Nine year old Shawn Brown just placed second at Southern Gentleman's big Spring race in  the .21 mono class.  He has this engine in a microBurst and running against all the "big" guys he does very well.  It has run 52 mph in the microBurst.

We tested one in a rigger and it was good for 69 mph. 

The engines were used stock in both boats.

We have 180 degree headers for them too.

We also have some Novarossi REX 5 port and 8 port  buggy engines.  These are  the same new "Big Case"  engines  that Kevin B. has been showing on here except they have lower exhaust and transfer timing.  (Ex. 167  trans 120.)  I have sleeve shims that will address that.  .016" will put them to about 173/128.  The cranks are bored and epoxy filled right from the factory.

The 5 ports are $279 and the 8 ports are $319. 

I'll will trade out the slide carb for a MAC 21 marine carb.  I also have water jackets and flywheels that fit these Novarossi REX engines. I'll trade the air cooled head for the water jacket and $20 for the flywheel.  You'll have $299 in a Novarossi REX engine with a great MAC carb.

These engines have all the same high end parts that the On-road and Marine engines have.  The main difference is the lower port timing.

94948[/snapback]

ken t. said:
AndyBrown said:
Ken,

94948[/snapback]

Thanks Andy that sounds awesome_ Bang for the buck .

Unless i get an offer to good to pass up< then I will definately take you up on it.

Would the mac version be the better choice power wise or the NR...?

94954[/snapback]

AndyBrown said:
Ken,Stock, the 5 port REX and the MAC will be about the same.  Modified the REX could have a slight edge because it has a 14 mm crank.  MAC has a 13 mm Crank.

However, matainence will be more expensive will the REX.  The big crank bearing is about $60.  The MAC bearing is about $25.  The MAC will be user friendly.

If you are on more of a budget, I may have a good used MAC at the shop. I'll look and let you know.

94982[/snapback]

Ken,

I wrote a full page to offer you this great deal on two great engines. They are both in stock. You will not find a high end .21 at a better price. Parts are availible for both of these engines.

MAC 21 $259

Novarossi REX 21 (Newest, latest ,greatest, "big case" 5 + 2 port version with drilled and epoxied crank) $299

Both are ready to fit in your rigger with a great MAC barrle carb, water cooled heads and flywheels.

You won't find anything better at that price. They are in stock and we are here 9 AM to 6 PM ready to take your order.

What is cheaper then a .21? Maybe a .12 but they are not availbale in marine versions that readily fit into a rigger, so you would spend even more to get it marine ready. Novarossi .12 is $240 plus parts to make it marine. $300??

You're not going to beat Andy's prices on a decent motor.....anything else and you'll get what you pay for.

That price is awsome on the Macs and I know when I bought mine new it was closer to 380 2 years ago if I remember right but that was from another supplier.Why dont you check out Grimracer.com and look at his CMBs and Mikes a great guy to deal with and has parts instock for what he sells.Theres 3 of the best motors out there and none of which are parts hard to find and very nice prices at that.Do you want used? If so Ive got a Nova Rossi long stroke done up by Rod Gerhity I might part with for the right price.Good luck

Ken, you won't find better motors at the price level and the craftmanship that these guy's offer....i'm not sure what car engines you were looking at but the ones [.21] that our teams uses in our 1/8 scale on road cars are over 800.00 each and we usualy only get a year out of them and that's using 30% nitro....so at 319 it's a steal!!!

Ken, Andy

If you (Ken) do not buy that MAC.21 from Andy than I'll take it!! :D

I don't want to snake it from you by any means! ;)

Andy or Ken, let me know what ya'll decide. B)

-BUCK-

ken t. said:

95460[/snapback]

Here is a good engine that won't cost you an arm and a leg. In stock and parts easily available:

http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg1624.html

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXALL8&P=7

AndyBrown said:
AndyBrown said:
Ken,
The buggy engine has a slide carb , no water jacket, and no flywheel.

Even at the low price you would spend more time and money trying to get it marine ready.

The best deal would be the Outboard at $259.  I'll swap the OB crank and PTO for for a Normal rotation crank,  inboard flywheel and back plate.

It would work out about the same if you got the buggy engine and bought a carb, water jacket and flywheel.

There are a number of these set ups out there running extreemly well.

Nine year old Shawn Brown just placed second at Southern Gentleman's big Spring race in  the .21 mono class.  He has this engine in a microBurst and running against all the "big" guys he does very well.  It has run 52 mph in the microBurst.

We tested one in a rigger and it was good for 69 mph. 

The engines were used stock in both boats.

We have 180 degree headers for them too.

We also have some Novarossi REX 5 port and 8 port  buggy engines.  These are  the same new "Big Case"  engines  that Kevin B. has been showing on here except they have lower exhaust and transfer timing.  (Ex. 167  trans 120.)  I have sleeve shims that will address that.  .016" will put them to about 173/128.  The cranks are bored and epoxy filled right from the factory.

The 5 ports are $279 and the 8 ports are $319. 

I'll will trade out the slide carb for a MAC 21 marine carb.  I also have water jackets and flywheels that fit these Novarossi REX engines. I'll trade the air cooled head for the water jacket and $20 for the flywheel.  You'll have $299 in a Novarossi REX engine with a great MAC carb.

These engines have all the same high end parts that the On-road and Marine engines have.  The main difference is the lower port timing.

94948[/snapback]

ken t. said:
AndyBrown said:
Ken,

94948[/snapback]

Thanks Andy that sounds awesome_ Bang for the buck .

Unless i get an offer to good to pass up< then I will definately take you up on it.

Would the mac version be the better choice power wise or the NR...?

94954[/snapback]

AndyBrown said:
Ken,Stock, the 5 port REX and the MAC will be about the same.  Modified the REX could have a slight edge because it has a 14 mm crank.  MAC has a 13 mm Crank.

However, matainence will be more expensive will the REX.  The big crank bearing is about $60.  The MAC bearing is about $25.  The MAC will be user friendly.

If you are on more of a budget, I may have a good used MAC at the shop. I'll look and let you know.

94982[/snapback]

Ken,

I wrote a full page to offer you this great deal on two great engines. They are both in stock. You will not find a high end .21 at a better price. Parts are availible for both of these engines.

MAC 21 $259

Novarossi REX 21 (Newest, latest ,greatest, "big case" 5 + 2 port version with drilled and epoxied crank) $299

Both are ready to fit in your rigger with a great MAC barrle carb, water cooled heads and flywheels.

You won't find anything better at that price. They are in stock and we are here 9 AM to 6 PM ready to take your order.

What is cheaper then a .21? Maybe a .12 but they are not availbale in marine versions that readily fit into a rigger, so you would spend even more to get it marine ready. Novarossi .12 is $240 plus parts to make it marine. $300??

95466[/snapback]

Yes andy You did offer a great price. I didn't mean to kick sand in anyones face.

I had sent you a pm to ask which of the two motors you thought would be the most user freindly but did not get a reply.I know this time of year you are very busy so i was not annoyed(nor was i refering to you in my thread when i said i wasnt getting reply's)

I had sent some emails do various dealers and some did not bother to get back to me.

I am shopping ahead and will not be ready to buy for a couple of weeks, I had read on another thread that the new engines were already starting to sell out, so i kinda figured that by the time i had the coin i would be out of luck.

sorry for the mixup. If the offer is still good in a couple weeks than i will be a happy camper :D

Russ Williamson said:
ken t. said:

95460[/snapback]

Here is a good engine that won't cost you an arm and a leg. In stock and parts easily available:

http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg1624.html

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXALL8&P=7

95479[/snapback]

I had looked at that engine but when i tried to find it actually for sale i didnt have any luck,,,maybe just having a bad day..lol :(

6cuda6 said:
Ken, you won't find better motors at the price level and the craftmanship that these guy's offer....i'm not sure what car engines you were looking at but the ones [.21] that our teams uses in our 1/8 scale on road cars are over 800.00 each and we usualy only get a year out of them and that's using 30% nitro....so at 319 it's a steal!!!
95471[/snapback]

800.00 dollars...OOUUCH!! You should get lifetime backrubs for that price.

There are many car engines available for less, but than quite obviously they are nowhere near as good.

Keebibear said:
That price is awsome on the Macs and I know when I bought mine new it was closer to 380  2 years ago if I remember right but that was from another supplier.Why dont you check out Grimracer.com and look at his CMBs and Mikes a great guy to deal with and has parts instock for what he sells.Theres 3 of the best  motors out there and none of which are parts hard to find and very nice prices at that.Do you want used? If so Ive got a Nova Rossi long stroke done up by Rod Gerhity I might part with for the right price.Good luck
95469[/snapback]

What would you want for it. Just incase for some reason i am unable to get the money intime to get one from andy then i'll need a plan b.

"The best deal would be the Outboard at $259. I'll swap the OB crank and PTO for for a Normal rotation crank, inboard flywheel and back plate."

Ken this is a steal! Where else would you get someone to step up & make such an offer? Nice to see there are still those who know the meaning of customer service!! :)

ken t. said:
6cuda6 said:
95471[/snapback]

There are many car engines available for less, but than quite obviously they are nowhere near as good.

95483[/snapback]

yeppers 1/8th scale racing is an expensive habbit.

You pretty much get what you pay for in a Novarossi Or a Mac

here's a motor that I recently bid on r1 auction link

izitbrokeyet? said:
ken t. said:
6cuda6 said:
95471[/snapback]

95483[/snapback]

yeppers 1/8th scale racing is an expensive habbit.

You pretty much get what you pay for in a Novarossi Or a Mac

here's a motor that I recently bid on r1 auction link

95486[/snapback]

There you go.......$1000. I'm offering nearly the identical engine for $299

Exactly the same Crankcase, bearings, con-rod. The P/L has only small porting differences. The Crankshaft has only small differences. Not material differences just port configuration in the Liner and the Crank has balancing slugs and it is chromed for longer life in the car where dust is a problem. It also has a turbo plug head. I can set you up with one of those for about $40.

BTW- I do have several of these Nova engines in stock if anyone is interested.

AndyBrown said:
Imagine that!!!    $1000  buck and it doesn't even have ceramic bearings.  :blink:
95501[/snapback]

hey now..... lets not go there :D hehehe

yea but are they high quality?

Andy - You could engrave your name on the head and get more than double for those engines on ebay :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is a good deal you are offering with the O/B engine.

Tim.

Back