Is it here yet ? ! ? !

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brooks93 said:
where you getting the paint work done at Steve.. I usally paint my own but, with rattle can and alot of love.. I don't suppose I can get HK paint in rattle can...
Anyone here paint boats and for how much

83955[/snapback]

Dean Werges Speciality Auto Body does boats and he has painted an Elam for himself so he knows what color and detail are needed. Dont remember if you wanted Bud or Elam Dean has painted both.

You would have to sit down and call him for a price. 636 456 2277

Last edited by a moderator:
RaceCraftBearings said:
Jerry, where did you get the cowl you put on that puppy and what do you run in it for power? PS you did get your package ok correct?
Ron

83962[/snapback]

HI RON! Yeah I got it today, All is correct,,Thanks for the header, it's gonna work OK. The cowl is something I made,,I saw a "full sized" 6 Liter National Modified

at Renton WA a while back and I just had to copy That Boat. So I called the owner

a man in New Jersey and asked him if he could send me a couple pic's. And I made a "plug" for a "silicone" mold and there Ya Go :D

I run the Picco "BlueHead" 67 W/the Muck pipe,,but this year it will be another Picco that I got from TimD, that has an O.S. carb on it and run's the CMB "Big

Belly" pipe. It was Plenty Fast enough before, but power was like turning "on"

and "off" a light switch. Tim say's the "Torque" set-up with his motor and pipe

will make life easier for running. It'll have to be fast to keep-up with some of those

Sport 60 driver's in Seattle,,there's some Awesome 60's up there :)

Thanks Phil I will give him a call

and I am doing the Elam.. We already have a guy with a electric 1/8th bud

Steve--in your T-5 did you use Phil's motor mounts location? In my T-5 I am using speedmaster engine mounts in there stock locations, my driveline angle seems way steep to get down to the recommended depth of 1 3/8" for my strut.

would you have any pictures of how you set up your engine mounts, stuffing tube, and how you set up your strut. Still scratch my head on this one Thanks

Pics are on the way, I milled out the front hole on the mount to create the correct angle to acquire desired strut depth. !-3/8 is a good starting point but I've been told by more than one person it will end up closer to 1-1/8. I'll get you some more pics ASAP.

Steve

brooks93 said:
where you getting the paint work done at Steve.. I usally paint my own but, with rattle can and alot of love.. I don't suppose I can get HK paint in rattle can...
Anyone here paint boats and for how much

83955[/snapback]

I paint my own, I believe to do a fare job but other fellow boat builders seem to think my painting skill deserve more credit, Maybe thats why I get recruitted to do the painting.

The House of Kolors codes are....orange is #ne503 .......white is #bc26........ bottom is a boeing graphite paint but you can buy spray graphite in a can.

Steve

Back