Is it here yet ? ! ? !

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve.crosby

Just ordered a hull from PHIL THOMAS, must say, can"t remember the last time I was this excited about a hobby project. This will will be my 3rd scale, 1st fiberglass hull, wanna really do it right. Could you guys please email me some pics of your engine and radio box's. I am a stickler for that really clean look with functionality. Could really use some fresh ideas. Thanks in advance!

Steve

[email protected]

If anyone else has built one of Phils hulls and has some tips please don't hold back!

Last edited by a moderator:
which hull did you buy . the shovel the turbine or the older canardless pickel fork?

steve.crosby said:
Before you order any scale hull read this :                                                                                        http://www.rcboat.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl...;num=1063085867

The people choice! I didn't get the chance to read it before I made my choice. I just new that all-n-all Phil Thomas has the best glass hulls for the best price with the BEST customer service. Check out his site......

http://rcmarinedesigns.20megsfree.com/scale.htm

If I can help just ask, Steve

80713[/snapback]

Thanks for both links

Let me know if you buy one of Phils hulls, I have had a wonderful responce from many Thomas boat owners flood me with killer pics and building tips. Priceless info!

I have two of his boats. One's an 1/8 scale 82u55 and the other a Sport 40. They are the nicest and well built boats on the market. His prices are right to. Phil is a cool dude he will help you w/anything you need to know about his boat.

My biggest mistake was I sold my PT T-5 to a friend when I was really short on money one day. This was two years ago...it's still sitting like new in the box the day I gave it to him.

well I ordered my 1/8th T5 from him yesterday so now I just have to wait.. :huh:

Brook just call Phil and he'll give you a tracer number so you can find the package as it travel to you and you'll know when it will be at your door.. He done this for me many times in the past..

ya I am sure Phil will let me know when the hull is done.. Its that I am so geeked up about this boat I can't wait for it to get here.. LOL

I now own a Phil Thomas 82U55 hull and it is SWEET!

Cant wait for the Internats!

Ron

RaceCraftBearings said:

Ron

83903[/snapback]

Hi Ron, Thats an 82U55 Hull under that cowl to the left,,they Do run Good :)

And Roy Has One Too!! YEEHA! :lol:

And Rodney,,And Mr Stubbers,,And,,We could have our Own Club. Like The "Corvette" Club B)

Boy, this topic got exciting, received me T-5 hull about 2 weeks ago and just about ready for paint. I'm doin' the Miss Elam sceme. Highly recomend a front radio box, real easy to fab. Remote mounting the rudder servo with it's own box about 4" from the transom. If you need any pics or tips on the T-5 just drop a line.

Steve

PS......You are gonna love it !

where you getting the paint work done at Steve.. I usally paint my own but, with rattle can and alot of love.. I don't suppose I can get HK paint in rattle can...

Anyone here paint boats and for how much

so does anyone make a cockpit and mirrors for this boat or know where to get one

Jerry, where did you get the cowl you put on that puppy and what do you run in it for power? PS you did get your package ok correct?

Ron

RaceCraftBearings said:

Ron

83903[/snapback]

Ron I did the same mods on my 82U55 hull as Bob Finn,and what a differance it made on the way it runs an handles... Get a hold of bob and he'll send you pic of what he did....

Roy, thanks for the tips and while I am interested to see what Bob may have done I really have no complaints with this hull as it performs and handles very well the way it is set up now.

Ron

Back