Information denied

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJT

This is supposed to be a board for the free exchange of information, yet every time the name of someone who might be questionable to have dealings with comes up, the topic gets locked. Why is that? Should we not be informed as to who will screw you just as we are informed as to the correct length for a tuned pipe on a .15 size engine? I understand you can't make everyone happy, but shouldn't the masses have the information to make an informed decision? If you deny us the knowledge of who is screwing whom then in my opinion*, you Tom, become the screwer. Now i'm sure that i've ruffled plenty of feathers so lets hear the squaking.

* opinions are like a**holes everyone has one and they usually stink

iwaters has been around since what 1995????? i can count on one hand how many topics have been locked. hardly censorship i would think...... besides..... it was my post/question, i got my answer, everything else was just stuff i did not need

tom

The way that I look at it is the purpose of the forum is to learn and share everything R/C Boating. Now topics do get off on a tangent or unruley, then at the choice of the Admin it can be deleted or locked. It is really rare here at Intlwaters, but it does happen, Its just part of the way it is when public opnions are involved. I helped out as moderator for over a year er so, and only locked one down.

Gene :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Locking threads doesn't prevent people reading them. The relevent details are still there. The post had reached a point where it had degraded to mud slinging and that really serves little purpose IMO.

Hey - how did that Big block car engine go?

Tim.

ya know.... since the next couple races got cancelled.... maybe i will finally have a chance to test it out.

cool logo man!

kinda reminds me of some floyd lyrics:

Are there any queers in the theater tonight?

Get them up against the wall!

Get them all!

There's one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me,

Get him up against the wall!

Get them all!

That one looks Jewish!

And that one's a coon!

Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?

There's one smoking a joint,

And another with spots!

If I had my way,

I'd have all of you shot!

Ahh, Floyd lyrics...

If ya don't eat'cha meat, you can't have any pudding

lol :D

TomMoorehouse said:
kinda reminds me of some floyd lyrics:
Are there any queers in the theater tonight?

Get them up against the wall!

Get them all!

There's one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me,

Get him up against the wall!

Get them all!

That one looks Jewish!

And that one's a coon!

Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?

There's one smoking a joint,

And another with spots!

If I had my way,

I'd have all of you shot!
Ah yes, the Pinkest of Floyd. Remember those times well .............. I think. Was hard to see from the fog in the air created by those funny little no name cigarettes. Oh that's right the fog was in my brain. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In my humble opinion do not trade or share information with other friends only belongs to poor minds.

I've been in this hobby for more than twenty five years and help other has made my life sweetest.

Being secretive about leisure activity definitively is a pitty!

Gill

This is Tom's board, right? You don't tell him how to drive his car do you? Maybe he will just pull the plug on the whole thing.

The way I see it is he is just policing this enviroment and keeping it civil.

BTW, if you even posted this topic on the other board it would probably have been locked or removed and you may have been booted as well. Therefore, I see this forum as being very open and forgiving.

Freedom of speech is one thing. Doing it on another's property is another.

Hey Tom, lock this out too. ;) :lol:

Tom quote'n Pink Floyd lyrics???????.............**** :lol: Im amazed!!!!! :D

K......I'll quote Stevie Ray.........If tha house is a rock'n, ya dont bother knock'n, come on in,

Gener :D

DJT said:
This is supposed to be a board for the free exchange of information, yet every time the name of someone who might be questionable to have dealings with comes up, the topic gets locked. Why is that? Should we not be informed as to who will screw you just as we are informed as to the correct length for a tuned pipe on a .15 size engine? I understand you can't make everyone happy, but shouldn't the masses have the information to make an informed decision? If you deny us the knowledge of who is screwing whom then in my opinion*, you Tom, become the screwer. Now i'm sure that i've ruffled plenty of feathers so lets hear the squaking.
* opinions are like a**holes everyone has one and they usually stink
:blink:

Read like Michael Anthony Hall when he sees Lisa for the first time in the movie Weird Science.

Aeha...Aeha...Aeha...

grim

Preston

Everything you have posted on this forum has been as you call it freedom of speech on someone elses property. Why is it that you would bash me for doing the same thing. I started this thread knowing it would most likely get locked, and that will prove my point when it happens. You mentioning freedom of speech and then telling Tom to lock the thread is ironic. But then again a lap dog always sniffs it's masters a**.

DJT said:
Preston

Everything you have posted on this forum has been as you call it freedom of speech on someone elses property. Why is it that you would bash me for doing the same thing. I started this thread knowing it would most likely get locked, and that will prove my point when it happens. You mentioning freedom of speech and then telling Tom to lock the thread is ironic. But then again a lap dog always sniffs it's masters a**.
Derek

Are you saying that you set the board up to see if you could prove a point? You did say that you started this thread knowing it would most likely get locked..

Im confused..

.. is this what you would expect from our friends at Intlwaters.... is this fair.. Derek.. you tell us..

Im not telling you what you can and can not say.. i just want to understand the reason you approached the thread this way.

Regards

Grim

People confuse;

"Rights" with PRIVILEGES

"Public" with PRIVATE PROPERTY

"Censorship" with EDITING

Grim

I knew when I started this post that things would be said that could potentially get it locked, thats all.

Mike G

I have not mentioned rights or privileges in any of my posts, but if you are refering to the freedom of speech, it's a right. Unless you can find me a copy of the bill of privilages.

As far as public and private property, isn't it contridictory to have a public forum be private property. I could be wrong in thinking this is a public forum, but I could have swore I saw it listed that way, or refered to as such.

Editing fixes a mistake, censorship prevents you from doing it at all.

Derek I was typing in generalities, as it applies to a lot more than just this board. But to get down to specifics, it is a privilege to have and contribute to this board, not a "Right", it is a public board in the sense that anybody can contribute however it is Owned solely by Tom (private), it is not run by the Gov't. And Tom has done what was necessary to keep the board running smoothly. Bottom line is you can not go into his house and tell him what to do or else you will not be invited back!

Though I do not post much I have been reading this forum for some time. In most of that time it has been very friendly, people running of at the mouth like on other boards is new here.

Please if ANYONE has a problem with some one else that you think needs to be taken care of, try to do it in a discreet manner.

Latest posts

Back