info on 2009 namba nats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jerry,

I don't think that's an answer that people are looking for. Where is the posting for any driver's meeting? When will the Driver's meeting be held on a daily basis? Is there a check in procedure?

Am I way off base here by asking these basic questions?

Bill

Jerry,

I don't think that's an answer that people are looking for. Where is the posting for any driver's meeting? When will the Driver's meeting be held on a daily basis? Is there a check in procedure?

Am I way off base here by asking these basic questions?

Bill
Bill,

No, you're not off base asking those questions. There will be a drivers' meeting each morning. Race packets containing the heats can be picked up at the race site. Picking up the race packet would constitute checking in for the event.

JD

Thanks JD,

Does that mean when we drop off my trailer Saturday afternoon that we can get our race packets for the next morning, which will in turn give us an idea of when we really need to be at the site?

I partly ask because my wife and grand child are with us and I'm just trying to coordinate everything.

Thanks Again,

Bill

Looking for a partner for the nitro marathon as my partner had to withdraw from the event.

Can run mono or a hydro.

Thanks

Thanks JD,

Does that mean when we drop off my trailer Saturday afternoon that we can get our race packets for the next morning, which will in turn give us an idea of when we really need to be at the site?

I partly ask because my wife and grand child are with us and I'm just trying to coordinate everything.

Thanks Again,

Bill
Bill,

That plan should work well for you.

JD

Hey guys, I wanted to let you know that I made 16 paddle boats and 18 paddles for your event. Alfred is bringing them up. I wish I could make it, but too many changes and unemployment makes it impossible. enjoy the paddle boats and I know you will put on a great event.

Bob Tuttle

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick question...

According to the 2009 NAMBA Nationals Entry Form, "the 92db sound level will apply" is stated. However, the NAMBA rulebook that I just downloaded from the NAMBA site states that 95db is the rule. Was there a supplement somewhere that overrides the NAMBA rule??

Sorry... new to the IC thing, so trying to play catchup! ;)

I'm assuming that a stock Zen with stock canister muffler will usually make the grade??

Even more important is how will the sound be measured. Normally in District 8 the sound level is measured from the shore to the boat passing down the front straight. The NAMBA rules state the sound is measured 50 feet from the pond's edge. I've seen boats that registered 100 dB under the first conditions pass the NAMBA test. Gas boats are usually over 92 dB without good stinger mufflers and enclosed engines. Nitro boats seldom have problems.

Lohring Miller

PS Electrics need RAM engine sound generators with big amps to be a problem.

The only problem with checking from 50 feet from the pond edge is that the "pond" is 5 feet lower than the "beach" next to it at the race site. That will block some of the sound from reaching the test equipment if it's 40+ feet away from the bank. Another option would be to allow a higher sound level AT THE BANK'S EDGE so there is a more accurate reading. Just something else to think about

Even more important is how will the sound be measured. Normally in District 8 the sound level is measured from the shore to the boat passing down the front straight. The NAMBA rules state the sound is measured 50 feet from the pond's edge. I've seen boats that registered 100 dB under the first conditions pass the NAMBA test. Gas boats are usually over 92 dB without good stinger mufflers and enclosed engines. Nitro boats seldom have problems.

Lohring Miller

PS Electrics need RAM engine sound generators with big amps to be a problem.
I don't expect my FE boats to be much of a problem! ;)

Don't really expect my stock canister-muffled Zen to be an issue either...

I am still wondering which is correct, however... the 95db listed in the rulebook or the 92db mentioned on the entry form? Is 92db an update to the current NAMBA rules somewhere??

I think this is something that the CD's need to look at since the lake is enclosed in what can be considered a bowl on all sides. Since the water is roughly 5 feet below the surrounding dry dirt, sound levels will be affected like running an engine in a closed garage. Anyone know who the CD is at this point?

Anyone know who the CD is at this point?
Last I read the CD was Eric Bourlet.

Also, I just realized that I haven't received my current NAMBA membership card. I contacted Cathy, but I'm bringing the original application and fax receipt just in case. Hopefully that will be enough if the card isn't here by Friday. Application was faxed April 14th...

Here are a few official answers

1: The 92 dB limit will be enforced. It was posted in the official race announcement and therefore supersedes the NAMBA Rule book we will use our meter and if you are in violation will be notified and given until your next heat to comply. This is not open to discussion or argument. We must keep the pond available after the nats for the 4 clubs that share it. I would recommend if you have a gas boat to use a muffler and inject water at the stinger.

2:Open water will be on Thursday and Friday 7/9 7/10 and if time allows in the afternoon only for classes that race the following day this may be adjusted throughout the week working with the racers at the drivers meeting

3: Drivers Meetings 0800 every day

4: Drivers packets should be available Friday and thereafter at the race site and Host hotel after we close the water.

5: Other items will be addressed at the drivers meeting

If you have an FM radio bring it we will have the PA announcements available via your radio as well as the house system.

Here are a few official answers

1: The 92 dB limit will be enforced. It was posted in the official race announcement and therefore supersedes the NAMBA Rule book we will use our meter and if you are in violation will be notified and given until your next heat to comply.
Thanks Eric, that's what I was looking for. Not questioning the limit, just wanted to know which one was correct.

See you on Friday...

Now Mike, you're supposed to be nice in the forums ;)

On second thought, BYRON, WHERE THE HECK WERE YOU? You missed some good racing, along with some flips and crashes due to wind. Hope you make it down tommorrow

Latest posts

Back