IMPBA SAW & 1/4 Mile Oval Records Trial JULY 28 & 29 2012 Huntsville, AL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzubee

Supporting Member
IMPBA SAW & 1/4 Mile Oval Records Trial JULY 28 & 29 2012 Huntsville, AL

The Huntsville Club will be hosting an IMPBA santioned Records Trial July 28 and 29, 2012 The coruses will be SAW and 1/4 mile oval. This event will have a $25 flat fee and is Pre-Registration only to register send an e-mail to Bill Zuber CD at
[email protected]
include your name and phone number.

See event flyer, or check our club's web site for more information
http://home.hiwaay.net/~wintrak/RC/2/index.htmlhttp://home.hiwaay.net/~wintrak/RC/2/index.html
http://home.hiwaay.net/~wintrak/RC/2/index.htmlhttps://www.intlwaters.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=38189July 2012 Huntsville Records trial (1).pdf
https://www.intlwaters.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=38189

Attachments

• July 2012 Huntsville Records trial (1).pdf
    294.4 KB · Views: 11
We got the 1/4 mile oval course all set for the records trial next weekend looking forward to seeing some super fast electric boats Chris is shooting for 140mph and Doug is going for 90 mph, and Bob is trying for the out board hydro record. Plus Paul and David will be going after some records too? Should be a great show.

Mark Bullard take advantage that i wont be there and try to get the Twin record back thats if you can lol.. ill see you guys in Nov record trials

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen a 136 mph passssssssssssssssssssssssss there today with a 10 cell rigger, the water was SMOKING!!!!!

the 136mph pass was awesome it stopped about 6 inches from the END OF THE LAKE............ Everyone was holding there breath it was lined up with the concrete under the bridge on the RS of the drivers stand. Even john Equi was Saying Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :wacko: :wacko:

Congratulations to Doug "I can Fart on Demand" Smock. Bumped the 10S mono Record to 90+ MPH. He hit it first thing this morning, it was peferct on the water. Chris got the N mono record 2 lap and Doug got the P Mono 2 lap. I was able to set the 10S Hydro 2 lap record and hit a personal goal of getting my 100 mph patch. It was hot but we had a great time. Doug you really need to see a Doctor about all that air leaking out of your body.

Chris, those hydros of yours are amazing, 54,000 rpm under load WOW!

Great news. Awesome job guys!!!

I didn't know Smock had other talents..... :huh:

First I would like to say thanks to the Huntsville club for putting on a great event.

Congrats to Doug for getting the T-Mono record over 90mph. Those passes were a thing of beauty. Also, congrats to David Hall for his awesome

T- Hydro oval record and for getting his 100mph patch. Welcome to the club buddy.

I worked my tail off all day Saturday on

the S-Hydro trying some new things but I was chasing the setup all day. My fastest pass was 135 and change and was the pass where I almost hit the shore, pretty scary, in fact I thought it had made some contact, it was that close! The right hand side is pretty tight even with the airbrakes. On the last pass on Saturday I started to make a pass from right to left and the boat was really accelerating hard but ended up blowing off. I was able to fix it but it took me until 1am sunday morning to do it. Sunday morning I was able to make a shake down run to check the setup after the rebuild but the good water went away before I could make a serious attempt. I had fun though and learned a lot. I brought my N-Mono just in case the water went to crap so I would still have something to do. When I set the record the wind was really blowing and let's just say the water was less than stellar It was fun though wringing it out in the chop and with all things considered i think 31 secs and change is pretty respectable.

Thanks again to John, David, Paul, and Mark for making it happen.

Chris

Glad you had some fun up on our lake! Sure was impressive to see that 135+ run, man only dogs could hear that motor sing! Could not make it out Sunday but I know Mr. Weather had some north winds to blow our way and those really kill the records, even for those big cats!

Doug we will not allow any open fires behind you while at the lake, and there was a guy form the EPA looking for you sometihng about air pollution warnings... :)

Maybe see you guys in the fall, it will be cooler I'm sure!

Paul

Listen fellas I was just fine when I arrived in Huntsville. I started having that "not so fresh feeling" shortly after having dinner at 0UTtheBACK steakhouse. :blink: It's not my fault in other words. :p

If you see the EPA guy again tell him to check his records. I have my card and those releases were de minimis. :lol:

Many thanks to the Huntsville gang for hosting another great event, you guys work like a well oiled electric motor .LOL

. John, David and Mark, thanks for hanging out with us while we waited on the wind.

Bill, the smoked chicken wings really hit the spot Sunday, thank you sir!

Congratulations on the records fellas!

Can't wait till next time. B)

Doug

I got back just in time to see a couple of Fast Electrics run and get a little help and suggestion for my P Mono not used to having to ADD weight to a boat to tune it. Thanks GASman! Saw Chris streamlined bullet go 125 in some pretty good chop from the wind still pretty neat to see. Hopefully they will come back in the fall for some of our Records Trials along with some more FE guys to move the 1/4 mile oval records up the charts. Great job guys sorry I had to bail and could n't be here to help out.

Back