Image Attachments

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

Ok so where are the attachments? or how do I make an attachment?

The board can do attachments. However our old forum had 150 megabytes of attachments and we are only allowed 50mb with our current hosting plan. It would be 4X as much to handle this. Currently we paid $10 a month for 50mb of attachments to get 250mb it would cost us $45 a month! I think I might try to setup something with our regular server (not the hosted forum) to do attachments in a similar method to what is done over at jim's rc boat dock. or we could just have a lot less attachments?

What you guys think?

PS ive been reading that the next version of IPB will have a thumbnail feature with attachments!

150 meg!!! Wow I didn't realize we had accumulated that many pics. Anyway it can be done is fine by me; although I really like having the pics in the threads like we used to. Maybe if you limit the size of the pics & then dump the ones that are say 6 months old & older.

Hmmmmmmm........ Well its just as easy to just post the link to where the pic is located if its already out there, or if you have a new project you would like to share, start your own web page and store them there.

Most ISP offer a free page limited in size, but if you dumped them regular or burned a CD still not a problem,

Gene

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I don't know a thing about starting a web site or even what an ISP is. However, I do think being able to post images of projects and new ideas is at the very heart of the success of the Intlwaters forum. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.

Dumping the images after a couple of months or so isn't a bad idea if it helps.

Just my 2 cents,

Don

Hey Don,

Yeah I must agree that when try'n to explain something, A pic is a BIG help.

ISP is Internet Service Provider, FTP is File Transfer Protocol, the method used to upload the pic to the server.

And yeah dumping pics after a couple months is cool with me too, I back mine up to CD anyhow,

Gene :)

Guess I outta try one to see how hard it is here on the new board......

I see if I can find a small one to try...........

Pic test,

Ha,Ha, Well so far I have got told "NOT ALLOWED" on two different types of pics......Still lookin..........

Test 2

OK got it, Right clicked this pic of Big B's boat at Grims site, Clicked properties got the LONG line of code, Then hit IMG on this post and typed it in....... Sheeeesh!!!! :)

Big%20B%20Villain.jpg

At least I found an avatar that works.

Gotta go for now and eat turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving to you Gene and all the other members and guests.

Don

Well so far I have got told "NOT ALLOWED" on two different types of pics......
What kind of pics are you trying to put on here Gene? You DO know it's a family oriented site don't you? ; )

I'll spank his hiney if he tries to put dem hussies up here!!!!! :-0

Actually it was brackets in the code or the string of code was too long......Weird!!!

Yeah, there was a certain way they wanted the code to read, and not all sites are that way.

Might change with the thumbnail update Tom was talkin about,

Gene :)

the guy helping with our forum said he MIGHT be able to setup attachments to go to our old server! that would be cool!

anyways for now attachments are turned on.... ill just have to keep them under our limit.

View attachment 1006

Pretty cool how gene can somehow pull pictures from next August ;)

I found an easier way....go to Mike Zs website,, find the pic you want, click properties, and highlight/copy the addy, then past it :ph34r:

Big%20B%20Villain.jpg

now I can pull next august's pic too :p

Ahh yes grasshopper, Slide has mastered the concept of time travel, Now he just has too work on walkin and chewin bubblegum...................... :eek: :rolleyes:

:blink: Dooooooeeeeeee, Which way did they go................. :p

I'm going on a avatar search, He,He

Gene B)

Just opened a free account at Village photos image hosting............

Pic quality can be seen at my "Rigger Madness" post, page 2

For a free account check out:

http://www.villagephotos.com

Latest posts

Back