I Waters Rocket Club

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man mike that thing is crazy

So you guys have to get some sort of license to fire off these monster rockets ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they fire them off only 1/2 way over to Mendota

hay Chris interested in watching

I went over 2-3 years ago an met up with Mike

Mike what was the name of the motel

an is Big B going?

marty

Man mike that thing is crazy

So you guys have to get some sort of license to fire off these monster rockets ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That one will require a Level II Certification and an altitude waiver , Chris . .

Launch them , Marty
default_wink.png

Chris.. Crazy.. this AINT NOTHING!

The field is in Princeton IL and we stay at the Days inn..

Yes.. I have an L2 CERT.. so.. L1000 here we come!

Grim

That's wicked Grim. Good luck with it. What does she sim up to? K's are my limit right now. The retrieves get longer as you go up in impulse. LOL

Or the less you use your brains Cilli
default_rolleyes.gif

Failed to put the JLCR on a recent flight with a roughly 6oz- 34 inch rocket on an F35
default_ohmy.png

Needless to say- chute opened at apogee and is probably still drifting around somewhere a week later
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Some builds:

Redo on my 40+ year old Centurian... not perfect, but coming along pretty good!

Estes Venturis, second coat of laminating epoxy on fins!

A.S.P. 18mm Wac, actually in primer now!

Semroc Little Joe 2...making a mess outta this one, but will press on AARRGGHH!

My Great Grandsons FIRST model rocket!!!! "We" will have it built for the November TTRA launch!! Im SO EXCITED!!

021.JPG

026.JPG

028.JPG

029.JPG

035.JPG

well.. the weather did not cooperate. I did get one flight on Friday but the rest of the weekend was a bust.

maybe next time!

Grim

IMG_4318-X3.jpg

Awesome pics Z- thanks for sharing .

Thats one BIG AZZ Nike Smoke - !!!

I do believe I spy your paint work in the lower left-
default_wink.png

o60eo1.jpg

WOW! That's a SERIOUS missile!! Finished my 42 year old Centurion.......far from perfect, but Im super happy with how it came out! I did it up "close" to the '72 catalog colors. GOD im gettin' so nostalgic over this stuff! Cant believe I was only 17 when I built this thing!

029.JPG

yep.. we had a good time dispite the weather.

Bill.. super looking.. I like it. and yes. YOU ARE OLD....LOL.. O well.. it makes us... well... experanced.

NEVER STOP BUILDING!

Grim

Looking Good Windex
default_cool.png

I started the replacement build for Kaytlins Pink Panther- No more F32/ AT's unless the chute release is in it- lol
default_rolleyes.gif

That's wicked Grim. Good luck with it. What does she sim up to? K's are my limit right now. The retrieves get longer as you go up in impulse. LOL
Mike.. sorry I missed this.. L1000 to 7K... I had a bud doing the sims for me.. I had a laptop nuke on me and have not redid all my programs

Grim

He flew it over the weekend from what I read today, all 4 booster lit , but only 3 of the mains- flew well and recovered with no issues.

I cant even imagine the head ache of getting 8 to fire, hell I struggle with one some days.
default_tongue.png

lol- yeah thats one way I guess. He said all 8 ignitors lit - so he thinks one motor kicked out the ignitor.

He is gonna fly it again in Dec with some more ummmpphhh .
default_wink.png

Back