I Waters Rocket Club

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll it looks like I screwed the pooch. I received the new battery yesterday and while attempting to installed it, I managed to mangle the plug on the circuit board. The plug was all of 1/8" wide with a locking mechanism. Between miniaturized electronics, sausage fingers and 50+ year old eyes, I cant fix electronic devices like I used to. Everything ended up in the trash. I also wasn't happy that the replacement battery I received was a month older than the one in my device.

Sorry Bill...
default_sad.png
Did you toss it yet ??? Please tell me you didnt- I think I may be able to fix it .....

I will pay to ship it if you still have all the parts.

LMK Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm- L-1 on a Madcow Mozzie 2.6 and a soft H123 ??

Yeah , I think its gonna happen before the end of the year- easy like.

Could always use the Hawk or the Argent IF needed and add Windex's Chute release ,

its time , then a F/G 38 MM
default_ohmy.png

Did you have a chance to ship that J/L Mike ? No rush , just asking so my pos mailman doesnt leave me hanging, he is good that way
default_happy.png

Sorry Andy, I was just getting ready to PM you. I was down the tubes at work all week and family function this weekend. I'll box everything up this evening and get it in the mail tomorrow. Lots of small parts but everything is there. If you can't get it back together, I bet you can send everything to Jolly Logic and he will hook you up.

hay Mike who's the big guy in the shorts an lawn chair he looks familiar

you guys didn't have to were the DRESS did ya

was there a night launch craziest dam thing

toy rockets ya right more like missiles

still reading any

Thanks for sharing Mike- LOVE the drag race shots. What size where those sparkys ?

All good Chilli - I was kinda thinking the same thing if I cant fix it. Thanks again
default_cool.png

It will but its more of a thrust vers safe velocity.

With that however are wind and rod length.

Grim

Longer rod will help slow off the pad - More motor is the other fix
default_laugh.png
default_cool.png

NEVER too much motor - well sorta
default_wink.png

THE SINGLE BEST ADVICE I can share is , listen to Grim - he IS THE MAN
default_tongue.png

It will but its more of a thrust vers safe velocity.

With that however are wind and rod length.

Grim
Any guestimation on how high it will?

Rocket length will be about 12" long. With a weight of 2oz. I'm not trying to get it high at all. Maybe 100 feet off the ground.

B motor solves the pad speed deal / I would think , just me- that if it safely clears the pad on the A- 100ft will be a very low number.
default_wink.png

Grim or Bill / Chilli - feel free to chime in here.

Download rocksim or openrocket Sam , plug the numbers in - it will give you pretty close flight curve results.

http://www2.estesrockets.com/pdf/Estes_Engine_Chart.pdf

Looking at the chart an A8/3 or A10/3 will solve your concerns, it will go a little higher, but we are only talking A- Motors here so all things considered.

How big is your field and what model are you flying ?

a 12" rod is not going to work regardless of the power. The rocket.. (any of them) will not reach a velocity that will allow the fins to act. It would likey change path or tumble off the rod.

a 12" rod is not going to work regardless of the power. The rocket.. (any of them) will not reach a velocity that will allow the fins to act. It would likey change path or tumble off the rod.
I may have mis read- but I think he said 12 inch rocket - not rod- Grim .
default_wink.png

Please clarify Sam.

Back