I Waters Rocket Club

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roger that.. my bad.. (old age)

Open rocket.. awesome program. it will answer all questions!

Grim

Roger that.. my bad.. (old age)

Open rocket.. awesome program. it will answer all questions!

Grim
Yeah well, I get it - trust my old / blind azz .

When questions to friends are - Does this look right to you mean, I cant f-ing see it- does it look okay . Not.

I need your opinion - Well , yeah ..........
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Been doing some upgrades on a Quest ( High Q ) Great kit I built a while back and flew a bunch of times,but it loved to break off a fin every flight .

Soo - in light of my recent scratch builds I have implemented thru wall fins with- why not ??

Thru wall / papered balsa fins - JB Welded to the MM and TB2 Fillets , paint could be better , but honestly - IF , I see it again on the F-Motor thats going in it,

we will think about a better finish
default_laugh.png

2i9l3pt.jpg

I think it looks PURTY DANGED GOOD just as she sits! I.....LIKE it! JEEESSSHHH! When in the HELL are we gonna make it to another launch???? Seems like EVERYTIME I plan to go....SOME **** HAPPENS!! FRUSTERATING!!

I think it looks PURTY DANGED GOOD just as she sits! I.....LIKE it! JEEESSSHHH! When in the HELL are we gonna make it to another launch???? Seems like EVERYTIME I plan to go....SOME **** HAPPENS!! FRUSTERATING!!
x2 - I got more new **** to fly than I have time ................
default_sleep.png

Package arrived today - Thanks Chilli
default_cool.png
, will give it a look over am and see if I can fix it.
default_wink.png
Hey Chilli, figured I would give ya an update- after boxing up and forgetting to mail that broken Chute Release you sent me back to J/L - I finally got off my arse and mailed it out last week. I spoke with John about " taking a look at it " and see if he could save it ( I couldnt fix it ) - 6 days later a package arrived, he never said a word, just mailed me a box.

To say - I was blown away - by the way the folks at Jolly Logic handled it is an understatement.
default_blink.png
default_cool.png
default_cool.png

You also deserve a big THANK YOU for digging it out of the trash for me
default_cool.png
I owe ya one..........

4q3rsn.jpg

And then some ............
default_wink.png

I can L-1 With about 5 rockets I have already built and flown with a little more comfort level now- Mike was gonna pitch the unit when he broke the board changing the battery-

I " thought " I could fix it, send it my way before you trash it I said , what the heck right
default_rolleyes.gif

Once I saw how small that board was - no way
default_blink.png
- I reached out to John Beans @ Jolly Logic and he said - send it to me , lets see how bad it is. A few day later a brand new unit showed up with zero communication from John-
default_cool.png

I owe ya a big one Mike .....

Glad everything worked out for you Andy!
default_smile.png

Package arrived today - Thanks Chilli
default_cool.png
, will give it a look over am and see if I can fix it.
default_wink.png
Hey Chilli, figured I would give ya an update- after boxing up and forgetting to mail that broken Chute Release you sent me back to J/L - I finally got off my arse and mailed it out last week. I spoke with John about " taking a look at it " and see if he could save it ( I couldnt fix it ) - 6 days later a package arrived, he never said a word, just mailed me a box.

To say - I was blown away - by the way the folks at Jolly Logic handled it is an understatement.
default_blink.png
default_cool.png
default_cool.png

You also deserve a big THANK YOU for digging it out of the trash for me
default_cool.png
I owe ya one..........

4q3rsn.jpg

Bout time this one came back up top-
default_ph34r.png

Short video clip of " the up " portion of my Nike Smoke's first flight. Nice shakedown flight .G40-7W A/T

I really wanted to watch the rest of the flight and keep an eye on it- sorry
default_rolleyes.gif

https://youtu.be/OB1fFVSM6sA

Buc Blast 10 was AWESOME- Winds where up a tick, but we managed to have a great time.

Met up with my partner in Rocketry Crime, Bill "Windex" Gibson and managed to loose another rocket on a fly away for the 2nd out of 4 years at this event
default_sleep.png

The folks at TTRA Tampa are the best, and a few of you may remember Rick Waters from his boat racing days- He is the club Pres. there.

Great Times at a beautiful sight..............

2v1m6c9.jpg

2evu6o0.jpg

2e0uvk1.jpg

10xrfcn.jpg

2jfk5c3.jpg

Thanks for the update.. good to see the fun going on!

I have not had a chance to report in for some time..

Here is my new one.. WM Eagle Claw called The Blessed Hell Ride (big BLS fan here)

We are set to go.. the motor is payed for (AT L1000) and its up to the weather gods now.

Grim

Hum.. cruse missile attitude...lol

20171021_170151.jpg

Buc Blast was awesome!! Great time with ya' Andy! That's a Beauty Mike!

Im into a building, refinishing FRENZY at the moment!

Repainting my original Century Centurion, still flying by the way...gonna paint it in the original catalog colors...gotta find someone who can make the decal for it.

Estes Ventris close to paint prep.

ASP 18mm Wac Corporal....ASP kits are very nice!

After these are finished, I gathered up the parts to build a replica of the Estes K-11 Wac Corporal, which was the first model rocket I ever built neatly 50 years ago!! CRAZY!! Big or small, they're all fun.....I launched a tiny Estes Min Max with an A10T-3 at the BB and I couldn't get over how high it went with that idy bidy motor....perfect 'chute too!

066.JPG

075.JPG

078.JPG

077.JPG

Latest posts

Back