I hope this isn't a complaint but all nito went up $8@LHS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

153stars

I hope this isn't a complaint but all nito went up $8@LHS no matter what the content. So if you can pick some up now at your supplier at old price maybe you should. It seems like a big jump for car guys using 20%.I hope it won't remind me of when I was in the body shop business and a company that produced bondo burnt down and all bondo nearly doubled I don't remember it ever going back down.

I hope this isn't a complaint but all nito went up $8@LHS no matter what the content. So if you can pick some up now at your supplier at old price maybe you should. It seems like a big jump for car guys using 20%.I hope it won't remind me of when I was in the body shop business and a company that produced bondo burnt down and all bondo nearly doubled I don't remember it ever going back down.
That's the trend lately. The prices go up and never come down. Fuel at tower hobbies recently went through the roof. 4 gallon 65% $259.00 that's $65 and gallon. Crazy!!! I was getting 68% locally for $28. Not any more.

Better get use to it .Once things go up they never come back down.( Tampa1330) :( Hopefully I am wrong. JWB

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel Lucky! I just bought the last 3 gallons of the Byrons 60% that my LHS had. It was only $27.99 a gallon. He said when he gets it next time it will be over $40.00 a gallon

Mark

Actually it's higher, you did not include the hazmat fee and shipping .......260.00 for the fuel + 20.00 hazmat + 20.00 for average UPS shipping = 300.00 for four gallons ....That's 75.00 big one's a gallon folks, such a deal !! and you know even if nitro becomes available again, the price might drop some, but don't count on it.

Luckily on the positive side, there is a cheap alternative and it is 80/20 Methanol .....Sure your boat might be a few MPH slower but big deal... All the money you save on fuel and glow plugs over a year of running will let you buy a new engine or hull every year to promote the hobby :)

John

Actually it's higher, you did not include the hazmat fee and shipping .......260.00 for the fuel + 20.00 hazmat + 20.00 for average UPS shipping = 300.00 for four gallons ....That's 75.00 big one's a gallon folks, such a deal !! and you know even if nitro becomes available again, the price might drop some, but don't count on it.
Luckily on the positive side, there is a cheap alternative and it is 80/20 Methanol .....Sure your boat might be a few MPH slower but big deal... All the money you save on fuel and glow plugs over a year of running will let you buy a new engine or hull every year to promote the hobby :)

John

Unfortunately nitro fuel has gone up. We were told that the higher nitro content fuels MAY NOT be produced in the future because they are so easy for the fruit loops out there to extract the nitro for other purposes. We have also been told that the nitro coming out of Chine has been stopped being made due to trying to clean the air for the olympics. There are also rumors that some damage may have been incurred from the earthquakes, so who do you believe ? I know we as a dealer for Byron fuel were told that up until a week or so ago they had enough nitro to blend until the end of the year but would not be blending the high nitro fuels. As of last week I believe they even stopped blending 30% so as to keep pruction on the lower content fuels going. The cost of all Byron fuels did not go up $8.00 a gallon, it went up in proportion to the nitro content. What we did for pricing was just add the increase in cost to what we usually sell for and it's just our small way of helping the hobbyists.

I got a 20 quart case 50% from RedMax with the shipping it came out to $54 a gallon.

They ship the fuel in quarts to avoid the Haz Mat charges.

Just got off the phone w/ my local fuel producer and he said it would be November before he could mix the higher nitro and that he was not real sure about that.He said he would mix some 50 at about 70.00 a gallon right now.WOW !!!Looks like it is time to dig out the buggies and go to the track.

NOW I'm kicking myself in the butt for selling some 45% two weeks ago for $20.00 a gallon!

Oh well, I've got a stash of 65%. :)

As usual, the States is just now getting around to what the "rest" of the world pays. You guys still got it good, I pay 90 dollars for a gallon of 50% Odonnels here in Europe. Stop complaining, or take up cross stitching. Racing is expensive, always has been always will be.

my $0.02

~James

Cross stitching???? Have you seen the price of thread lately !!

It went up here just this week .I just thought I might someone else get to their LHS to swoop up any fuel that hasn't gotten marked up yet. Thats what I thought we do on this forum, HELP EACH OTHER OUT. My pockets a little less deep nowadays and if that brings some people joy... I am glad I could help out.

The word I got Saturday from the local nitro man is that 1 of the 2 nitro plants in china was damaged by earthquake and will NOT be brought back on-line, the other is closed for Olympics and WILL resume after the games are over, cant say what the price will look like, but as stated above, the current trend is hold it high (price that is). I will start testing a 80/20 mix, Setting my limited stock of pure nitro to the side, currently in las vegas, the highest % found is 33% :(

Rich mans hobby, thats why i got the heck out. And its just going to get worse. Econamy, price of nitro eng and fuel. Good luck to everybody, but ill stick to my elec, Helis.

Latest posts

Back