Hummingbird separating

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveSpear

Guys, Is there a post about regluing a hummingbird tub? My tub bottom has separated from the side walls approx. the length of the engine compartment.

Steve

Steve_Spear said:
Guys, Is there a post about regluing a hummingbird tub? My tub bottom has separated from the side walls approx. the length of the engine compartment.
Steve

90200[/snapback]

Hi Steve, you can check out page 14 of this forum. "Easy Steps to a 70+ mph Hydro" That should help you out. Richard

Richard Dahlheimer said:
Steve_Spear said:
Steve

90200[/snapback]

Hi Steve, you can check out page 14 of this forum. "Easy Steps to a 70+ mph Hydro" That should help you out. Richard

90210[/snapback]

Steve, i forgot to mention, Preston Hall makes some improved engine mounts for the .21 Hummingbird. Richard

I used West Systems epoxy to seal the inside of the engine bay when building my bird. As far as fixing the seperation i would be trying to get rid of all the oil using spirits or acetone (or iso) and use an epoxy to glue it back together again. Shouldnt need too much additional reinforcement but maybe doing the join between the sides and the bottom with a little glass or cf tape may help...

I also didnt use the stock engine mounts and went to a rubber isolation type mount.

Back