How long should I wait for an Item?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Moore

I bought a boat with engine and a spare engine from a member here. Complications I understand. I did get part of the deal but still waiting on the spare modified engine for said boat, for sure the one in it now is not modified. I paid in May with a Check it cleared long ago. I think this many months should have freed up one day to get the motor out to me. Oh and the radio it came with was not the same as the rec channel wise. I did not pay much at all but at this point I am a bit pissed. The boat is a total POS stripped out screws, really lose runners need re-glassing. So my only hope is motors that are salvageable. I have taken all the talk this person has given me and maybe he has had a total **** storm this year.

So without calling him out how long would you wait till you called out said person?

Chris

1 week but depens of the dialogue. I have had all good experiences on IW. Helps if you buy good equipment andyou can tell if the seller is informed. Did he have any IW history?

Its getting more and more like this here. I too was totally mislead on a sale of a boat. In my case I couldnt get a refund oc i sold some stuff from the boat. If i were you and I had everything I zip it up ship it out a demand my cash back. Then go buy brand new what you wanted. May take you time to finish the project but at least youll know what you have. NON GARBAGE

He is a member since Feb 2009 196 posts but alot of people seem to know him from a certain thread. This is the only semi-bad experience I have had on here. I have purchased $1500 worth of boats on here in the last year (look at all the boats I have (sig) only 3 purchased else where), thought I knew what to look for.

Last edited by a moderator:
So did I but but did I learn a lesson . When someone starts out not doing what they say as far as time you will recieve its a slippery slope from there. Especially after they already have your cash. Ive yet to see a seller wait on that!!!!!!!! id get my cash back but good luck.

Last edited:
Really its not worth sending back for what I paid for it. I guess I will just stick with my original thoughts PayPal or no deal.

Mr. Moore, I'm sorry to hear about your bum deal. I too have had a bad experience here, but I learned a lot from it. I would say May to August is a fair amount of time to be understanding. Problems, schmoblems! Hugh is right, there is never any difficulty cashing the checks! Calling out a bad seller rarely helps correct things, but it will keep others from getting burned. A member of a forum should be prepared to face the wrath of the "village" if they turn out to be less than honest. This is one of the best rc boat forums on the net with some of the most HELPFUL and KNOWLEDGEABLE enthusiasts around and we should all try to police it so it stays that way. No one should get a pass on a bad deal, they should make it right or take their used car sales, horse trading arse on down the road!

I personally wouldnt put the name out there. The seller knows who they are. And people can PM and ask if they are interested. Flagging the name on a public forum often just ends in bickering that makes everyone look bad.

I am not putting the name out in open forum. I hope that this thread is seen and my motor shows up, no questions asked. This forum is the best out there for Nitro boats BY FAR. I will give it a few days this person logs on daily, I do look everyday to see when he logged on last.

I know how the villagers can get, its best to rule with the possibility of a beating, than to get the villagers used to the beating. It only tires everybody out.

Chris,

Search for the original for sale post on here and post that you would like to get your motors you have paid for. i agree with Rodney, no reason to publically call people out but you deserve to get what you paid for. You could also ask Tom Morehouse or the moderator in the for sale thread to send a friendly reminder to please ship your stuff right away.

Good luck.

hi christopher

i have had good luck with purchases on here, there are some really nice folk that i have delt with they know who they are and for this i say thanks

what i do is ask those fellow boaters ther recomendation on the selller i am wanting to deal with hopeing they have delt of know of the seller in question

anyway hope you get your balace orders soon

i think a pm is the way to go if anybody wants to know who it was :)

cheers rick

I got a reference fellow boater, still have the problem. I have somebody checking a few things out. Will see where is goes.

I sold a engine on here that i thought was good turned out not to be and i refunded the guys money .If he is a stand up guy then he should do the same.

I have bought some very nice items on IW and I have also received some junk. From now on, I will only buy from people that I know and I know where they live.....

Chris,

That is technically mail fraud. I would contact the post master general and they will go to their door step for ya. Its a federal offense what this person has done. I know someone that has had to do it this way and their stuff arrived within a week.

Thanks Matt

Back