How fast?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark

What sort of speed can I expect from a Stryker 43" hydro with a Mac 84? Can this boat handle twin 84's? I'm looking for about 120KMPH which is probably about 85MPH.

What sort of speed can I expect from a Stryker 43" hydro with a Mac 84? Can this boat handle twin 84's? I'm looking for about 120KMPH which is probably about 85MPH.

With a Single 84 you will see 55mph, maybe 60 if set up perfectly. This is a kind of a heavy hull, but a good hull. Ive set up a few for gas engines. Sorry to say, even with twins you wont be seeing 85mph. A great set of engines in there you might see 70, maybe. The fastest twin Cat Ive ever seen was an Aeromarine Twin "Wet and Wild" the Taylors ran years ago, with highly modified Twin OS 91's. It may have touched 75mph, not sure on this though. Ive never seen a Twin Stryker, but the hull is sound enough to handle twins in my opinion. Hope this helps in some way.

Larry Jr.

With a Single 84 you will see 55mph, maybe 60 if set up perfectly. This is a kind of a heavy hull, but a good hull. Ive set up a few for gas engines. Sorry to say, even with twins you wont be seeing 85mph. A great set of engines in there you might see 70, maybe. The fastest twin Cat Ive ever seen was an Aeromarine Twin "Wet and Wild" the Taylors ran years ago, with highly modified Twin OS 91's. It may have touched 75mph, not sure on this though. Ive never seen a Twin Stryker, but the hull is sound enough to handle twins in my opinion. Hope this helps in some way.

Larry Jr.

Yeh I didn't think that sport hydro's could get that sort of speed, it's just such a pain dealing with outriggers. I was looking for something a little less hassle but still with big speed. Kind of like the Winston Eagle 89'. Looks like a rigger. I just want a boat that goes fast and doesn't almost sink when it stops in the middle of the pond. Thanks anyway Larry.

Back