how do you hook up to your throttle?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbnate804

what do you guys find is the best way to link up the throttle to your radio box? my tunnel has the cable/sleeve setup and i've had no problems with that. this deepvee i'm building with the weeder motor i was going to do the same. went to the hobby shop to get the stuff and the thought i was crazy for doing it this way. said that my radio box wouldn't be water tight and i'd have so much trouble. what do you guys do?

nate

Visit Jim's r/c boatdock. It's mostly gas boats and they could steer you in the right direction. I know hooking a throttle up to a gasoline engine is a real pain. I think there are some throttle kits out there too.

Nate dependending on the carb used in your boat the cable/sleeve is fine .That's what I use on the SGX /G26 gas.

Jim's dock is the place to go and see what the gas guys are doing.

Well does your tunnel boat radio box leak? If you are concerned about it just slide a small section about 1/2" of the next size aluminum tube over the plastic jacket. Remove the cable and drill a small hole into the plasic sleve through the aluminum tube put the contol cable back in. Then just squirt some greese in and that will stop any water from entering. FWIW I run the cable on a Hydro for throttle as well as my tunnels and Gas Sport Hydro and it works fine and I run them dry. I do put a paper towell in the radio box to absorb any small drips that may get through the control cables in the event of a blowover or dump.

ya i haven't had trouble yet either but now i know its not just my magination. thanks guys.

nate

I use a small piece of silicone fuel tubing on the end of the pushrod, stretch over the large one, the hole in the tube is small enough to seal on the smaller one, then put some grease or oil inside the sleeve first, stopped the leakage on my 67 rigger, Carl one of our club members put me wise to that, Ken another member put me wise to the paper towels....

I flipped my new rigger & water came in the antenna shaft, (forgot the silicone in the end of it), ther was a quarter cup of water in the box & the towels got it all!!

mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Back