Home Brew (lubrication)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the past 30+ years I used WD-40 for my initial flushing before adding my pickle BUT, when word came down from Nova Rossi not to use it because of the ramp , I stopped using it too. I use Corrosion-X now. I remove my plug and spin my after-run products through to make sure that everything is flushed and coated well.

If my last run was a blow over, I always crank my engine to extract any residual water before the oil up. If you elect not to do this make sure to blow out any fuel / water that may be captured down inside the coil hole of the plug because there can be a tiny amount of water hiding inside your plug where it will evaporate around inside your engine until you run it again.

-Carl

All my engine I use WD 40 for flush and ATF and Marvel Mystery Oil.

For the engines with and Silicone ramp I use CorrosionX all the way.

Dave Roach

Last edited by a moderator:
Corrosion-X

I have done some testing...... more like I did ALOT Of testing...lol

Corrosion-X

Grim

For the past 30+ years I used WD-40 for my initial flushing before adding my pickle BUT, when word came down from Nova Rossi not to use it because of the ramp , I stopped using it too. I use Corrosion-X now. I remove my plug and spin my after-run products through to make sure that everything is flushed and coated well.

If my last run was a blow over, I always crank my engine to extract any residual water before the oil up. If you elect not to do this make sure to blow out any fuel / water that may be captured down inside the coil hole of the plug because there can be a tiny amount of water hiding inside your plug where it will evaporate around inside your engine until you run it again.

-Carl
if mine goes over or takes a drink, one additional step I do immediately after blowing out the water is get it running on the bench with fresh fuel until it warms up. then I run it dry, WD40, and oil.

What do you guys think is better. putting some in a spare fuel tank and sucking it in, or spraying it through the glow plug hole and carb venturi?

Fred Howe (LawlessMan on this forum) makes an after run fixture that screws into glow plug hole (Blow Plug?) attached to a long piece of fuel tubing and a 4-6 oz vented plastic fuel tank. Run motor with starter while gently flushing through wide open carb mouth with WD40 then after run oil of choice. I prefer to leave motor full of oil after flushing and stored either on boat or in tubberware container with paper towels to catch oil seeping through crank bearings.

So I got the corrosion x that comes in a spray bottle. It's a pretty thick viscosity. Now I am wondering if there is any reason to use after run oil after spinning in the corrosion x? It almost seems pointless pouring thick oil on top of thick oil. Any suggestions?

Brian,

Corrosion X and a little Rislone.

For 27 years Rislone has been great in my engines.

I have had no problems with the ramps with Corrosion X.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Brian,

I use Rislone for after run storage.

Corrosion X could be used for both though.

I have also used fogging oil for clean out,

and some use it for after run storage.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Mark,

I've never used the aerosol, but have found that Corrosion X in a pump bottle will gel behind the bearings if used for long term storage, you won't see it until you pull the bearings.

Brian,

So what your telling me is I should pull the engine apart and store

the engine disassembled? I always store my engines in Rislone Engine

Treatment. It has worked well for over 27 years so far.

Thanks For Sharing Your Knowledge,

It Is Much Appreciated,

Nice US-1 win in 67-Hydro!

Mark Sholund

Brian (Neumann)

didn't occur to me at the pond today, but if Novarossi says WD40 is incompatible with the silicone ramp in your A motor, check into whether Seafoam is OK. that contains some isopropanol which should help flush out water and leftover nitric acid.

shoboat,

which Rislone product do you use? They have about a dozen different things.

I use brake cleaner or roast off to flush the nitro out spraying it in the carb and turn with starter a few times. Then when I get home I put atf and Marvin mystery mix and put my air nozzle gun from my compressor and turn the motor by air and it blows the oil everywhere inside and leave a coat on everything works great. Clean the out side with some brake cleaner and save

Back