HOBART 2010

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Larry,

Get ready to rock and roll. Best party in town.

Stu

GOOD LUCK to ALL Contestants in Hobart! Most importantly have FUN, But I am sure you will!

Stu please dont hesitate to call if you need anything! My Cell that is..........

Ron

Last edited:
Ron, got any bail money laying around that you aren't using next weekend? :lol:

I went to Menard's yesterday to get some things for the house and stopped by over where they keep their patio furniture and found some really cool huls girl patio lights on sale for over half off so I stocked up. On the way home I swung into a party supply store and bought some more goodies to decorate my pit area. There's been a run on Hula party themed decorations this week in town so they were low on stock.

When I check in at The Roof I'm going to have to find out what room Larry is in so that I'm at the other end of the building! :D He'll be watching Animal House this week to get some more ideas! TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!

You say you give out green jackets. Is it cold there?

Nub
nub, its Brett..check out the post i started in general r/c boating forum...titled "twin nitro riggers are back"

hey whats your race plans for the rest of the year?? theres miami,melborne,i think another one in brandon..keep me posted..

and one more important note..i was having a major problem with my struts being pushed back from so much torque..i come to

learn that several people are having the same problem..i had to drill and tap a 6/32 sheer bolt to hold them in position..

make sure ur struts are level and if u didnt already add a sheer bolt

take care

Brett English

Ron, dont tell me you bought them out of Coconut Bras too :lol:

Have fun and win one for the gipper!

Sorry NO Bail money available so stay outta trouble LOL.......

I went to Menard's yesterday to get some things for the house and stopped by over where they keep their patio furniture and found some really cool huls girl patio lights on sale for over half off so I stocked up. On the way home I swung into a party supply store and bought some more goodies to decorate my pit area. There's been a run on Hula party themed decorations this week in town so they were low on stock.

When I check in at The Roof I'm going to have to find out what room Larry is in so that I'm at the other end of the building! :D He'll be watching Animal House this week to get some more ideas! TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!

Last edited:
No I didn't. The party supply store only had the coconut bra's but no grass skirts so I wasn't going to wear one without the other!

My crazy has its limits. Right now I'm having a heck of a time finding a Hawaiian print shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I didn't. The party supply store only had the coconut bra's but no grass skirts so I wasn't going to wear one without the other!

My crazy has its limits. Right now I'm having a heck of a time finding a Hawaiian print shirt.
I saw some shirts on sale at Wally world or Target this week.

Weather looks fine for the race 70 degrees, light winds and only 10% chance of rain Fri Sat.

Did that evil Namba team order the California weather.

I am coming to hang out at your pit tent...lol jj

Come on down Jeni! I've got some friends coming in Saturday to watch the racing, a couple from Ohio (Misshydro and Joe) plus a father and son from my neighborhood. Jul is pitting with us as I knew that he didn't have a spot or the equipment to haul in his car. I don't know who is decorating their pit areas but I'm not going too far with mine. Yeah, I say that now but I've got a few more shopping trips before heading down.

I'm sitting here now weeding lettering for my trailer, too bad that it won't bee seen once the doors are opened.

Phil, I went to my local Wally-world this afternoon and after doing some looking I found 2 racks full of Hawaiian print shirts on sale for $6-7.00. Now I need 52 Tiki torches to celebrate Jeni's birthday with! :lol:

Phil, I went to my local Wally-world this afternoon and after doing some looking I found 2 racks full of Hawaiian print shirts on sale for $6-7.00. Now I need 52 Tiki torches to celebrate Jeni's birthday with! :lol:
The FIRE marshal wont let that happen,Id say a dip in the water would do er fine :D :D :D YO where are the MOMBAS must be on the road, I can see it now Clark Griswald AKA Mark Grim driving the wagon with the OLD MAN ridin shot gun sayin did you see that? We gotta get out more often. Get those card table legs ready,should I bring a hydrometer? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think that Doc has a birthday coming up. If we used a Tiki torch for each year for him it would look like a forest fire! :lol:

Anybody bringing Jerry beads?

If I remember correctly, it's Phil's birthday this weekend too. They brought him a nice cake at the restaurant just over the bridge. I will have to remember the hats and horns this year.

If I remember correctly, it's Phil's birthday this weekend too. They brought him a nice cake at the restaurant just over the bridge. I will have to remember the hats and horns this year.
I looked thru this thread quickly, but I couldn't find an address to use for directions. Can someone provide some insight on directions and parking?

Thanks

Mike

I looked thru this thread quickly, but I couldn't find an address to use for directions. Can someone provide some insight on directions and parking?

Thanks

Mike
i would assume u r taking i-80-90 to there exit 21 (rt 6?)south into

hobart location is behind police station. i think its the main st most like;y 6 turns off and this becomes rt 51 (main st).

parking is in lots at various locations.

Sure thing. http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Lake+George+Dam&city=Hobart&state=IN&country=US&latitude=41.535037&longitude=-87.258368&geocode=ADDRESS&id=14139442#a/maps/l:Lake+George+Dam::Hobart:IN::US:41.535037:-87.258368:address::1/m:hyb:14:41.534935:-87.258374:0:::::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e

Stay right on Front Street though if you follow the directions on Mapquest instend of turning on Center Street and it'll take you right to the race site as the truck route will run you right up to the water. The course is between the gazebo and the fountain.

i would assume u r taking i-80-90 to there exit 21 (rt 6?)south into

hobart location is behind police station. i think its the main st most like;y 6 turns off and this becomes rt 51 (main st).

parking is in lots at various locations.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the quick reply. Will the drivers stand and pits be in the area of the gazebo?

Later,

Mike

Seeing how I'm coming in from Michigan, I'll be getting off at Exit 15 (Lake Station) on I-94 then it's pretty much a straight shot down that road. I only came home that way as I stayed in Valparaiso last year. It is Route 6/51. Truck Route 51 runs you right up to the park.

Back