HOBART 2010

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuart Barr

Supporting Member
The INDY MASTERS at HOBART flyer is now posted on IMPBA's site. There are some notes about the race that I want to mention. Entry deadline is listed as 7-31-10. I know this will shut down long before then. We did not cap the number of boats on flyer, but we can only accept a certain number of boats/racers with the size of the site. Twins will run all three days instead of Friday only. Twins will run 5 rounds even if we can only get 4 of the rest of the classes. Class minimum is now at 12 boats. It is noted that we cannot do refunds after 7-31-10. With our race program (software) it does not allow us to remove an entrant without having to re-input everything. I will not put Paula (Bruce's wife) through that again. The IMPBA/NAMBA challenge will be formed after the entries are final. This is a thought from our California friends on doing this. Both Mark and I will form teams for a perpetual trophy that will be awarded. You NAMBA guys need to jump on this. Our possible IMPBA team will be so strong that I don't think you NAMBA guys will have a chance ;) ! We intend on matching the selected NAMBA boats against the selected IMPBA boats. What a team concept that will be a lot of fun. Last year we awarded over $14,000.00 in prizes,lots of motors, boats, radios, props and engine programs and a bunch of other things. We already have a lot on board, but I would like to know what you would like to see as prizes.

Stu Barr, Contest Director

OK Thanks, Hope to see the NAMBA guys racing this year. There sure was alot of intrest last year.

Hope to see some more big tents to pit under, that would save some space too, nice to not need to put up the canopy and tear down.

Entry printed out and will send in asap.

PHIL

Is the 12 boat min. to make the class a jacket class or if there is not 12 boats entered the class gets droped .if so someone like me that enters one class doesnt get to run

Pete,

The 12 boat minimum is for any class to be run. Your class (open mono) had 16 entries last year, so you should be OK. It would be a good idea for you to encourage your mono buddies to enter so the minimum is met.

You say you give out green jackets. Is it cold there?

Nub

0312101425-00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My check and entries are on the way too.

After last year, I can't wait!!

See you all in Hobart :)

What, no "A" hydro? Stu, you could fill that class easily! It's surely not what it was a couple of years ago when you gave it a shot as there are a lot of .12 'riggers out there now. I know that a lot of racers that attended last year are building them. It could be a VERY competitve class as just about all of them would be JAE .12's with Nova Rossi's.

What, no "A" hydro? Stu, you could fill that class easily! It's surely not what it was a couple of years ago when you gave it a shot as there are a lot of .12 'riggers out there now. I know that a lot of racers that attended last year are building them. It could be a VERY competitve class as just about all of them would be JAE .12's with Nova Rossi's.
Ron,

Just where in the program would you like them to put another class? Even with good weather last year they were only able to run 3 rounds, remember. :unsure:

Ron

Good question Ron. Last year they lost time because of the sun going down as the drivers couldn't see their boats on the water when the sun was going down. The Aquacraft "dignitary" race took up a lot of time also, will that be repeated again this year? Even if only 3 heats get run, everyone got out of there at a reasonable hour on Sunday afternoon. It's not for me to decide but I'm thinking that maybe Stu and company have given this class some thought.

If it doesn't happen then I do have boats that I can run in other classes like gas mono, gas cat and "B" hydro. I've already got the week of this event already on my vacation schedule so I'll be there with or without boats to race.

Ron,

We are actually trying to limit the classes host by increasing the minimum to 12 per class. As Ron J. said, it was tough to get 3 rounds in last year and I really want to see 4+ rounds in the format. If I believe what I read, there will be a bunch of 12's this year. Why don't you host a race for that class.

If entry get cut off early what will determine the early cut off date
Pete,

It will be by the number of boats that register. Last year we had close to 300 registered. I know we will have more this year, but we have to look at how many people we can squeeze in there. When boat numbers are getting close, I'll post the cut off date here. Entries are coming in by waves right now.

I would like to give you a few updates on the race. Some have had problems getting the "special rate" at the Red Roof Inn. Talked with the Roof this morning to confirm the $45.99 (single) and $49.99 (double). It would be best for you to call Jackie at the Roof Tuesday thru Friday, 7:00am to 3:00pm to make your reservation or confirm your rate. Some NAMBA members have overlooked the $10 single event fee on their entry form. This is an IMPBA event and this is for insurance coverage for the NAMBA members. The Multi-Engine event is for nitro boats only. Many are overlooking the "UNLIMITED" class. This is a class that any legal IMPBA boat can run in. Last year, we had 45 hydros to twin gas riggers compete in. The first place prize was a $500 Futaba radio. The prizes for this year are going to be even better.

Hi Stu,

This is a little off topic and for this i apologise, but is this race run in September every year? Reason i aski is my dad, Kevin Morris, whom you know, is looking at coming over for this next year and because we run the family business we cant be away at the same time and my world championship race is on in August in April of next year so i nned to make sure they dont clash.

Regards,

Dan

dan,

yes the race is run every year the weekend after labor day. been that way for a long long time

chris

Latest posts

Back