HOBART 2010

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heard that Team Evil "NAMBA" just finished packing the last item needed for the big race! :lol:

yhst-78359274419338_2118_1693853091.jpg

Good Luck guys!

Any news yet??

Not there myself but I do know they ran 59 heats yesterday and had rain this am til at least 11 am or later I just got back home and have not checked in on MeTime yet.
Hello Ron!!!!!, Are you still selling Bearings!!!!! They are having a great time at Hobart!!!!

JOSE
Hey Jose good to hear from ya!

Sorry to say No I'm not selling bearings anymore. Try Jon Thibedeau here on IW.

Just as last year, this was a first rate event. Class acts and great sportsmanship all weekend. The best competition yet. Thanks to everyone who helped put on the race. It was great seeing you all from last year and those for the first time. Ill start the countdown till next year. 364

Larry Gempp Jr.

We had yet another fantasic time at Hobart! I wouldn't know where to start.

Eric and I rolled in about 10:30 AM Thursday morning and they had open water most of the day. Unfortunately Steve Ball tried to move one of the pilings under the gazebo with his .21 'rigger and you can guess what won out. Sadly, it was the only boat that Steve brought but otherwise he found work as a boat chucker. :) That got to be the phrase of the weekend.

My heat racing didn't go so hot. My first heat I got a 2nd to John Finch, no complaints there as I knew that I didn't have anything for him as my Cat was flighty against his 'rigger so I couldn't open it up in the conditions. My second round I spun it in turn 4 as the wind was really kicking up. Third round somebody left my RX switch on so the battery pack was DOA.

What can you say about the event, it was nothing short of fantastic! The City and people of Hobart are great and you couldn't feel more welcome or a rock star anywhere else. I talked to people from young to old and got the usual questions I don't know how many times but tried to spend time with each person who walked up to talk to us even as busy as I was.

You might hear stories about the nights at The Roof as we did a little parking lot partying there. I had a little Southern apple pie but there wasn't any Old Card Table available.

Stu and the crew, what can you say? Stu went the extra mile I don't know how many times to pull off this race again and make it an event not to miss. Hats off to Me Time for doing the webcast with Jeni and Deryl helping out.

Hobart needs a hobby shop badly as a lot of people were asking me where they could get boats like ours!

I know that I've missed a lot but my butt is dragging now. Unloading the trailer might take a few days.

very great race!Job well done Indy club...you guys did amazing event B) ..City of Hobart you rock!

jul

Oh yeah, Jul got himself a green jacket with one of his OB tunnels and I got to be his boat chucker!

His big hit of the weekend though was his dog Jack riding on both the little ATV then Saturday night in the boat. That dog is a chick magnet!

Just as last year, this was a first rate event. Class acts and great sportsmanship all weekend. The best competition yet. Thanks to everyone who helped put on the race. It was great seeing you all from last year and those for the first time. Ill start the countdown till next year. 364

Larry Gempp Jr.
It is 361 days, 8 hours, 29 minutes and 17 seconds until Friday, September 9, 2011 at 8:00:00 AM (Indianapolis time)

It can only get better next year great race Indy guys and City of Hobart,IN

Hi

I watched most of the Hydro heats on MeLive, a special thanks to them.

It was very interesting to see how you race over there and compare to the international racing scene.

I got the impression that it was action on the lake most of the time.

Thanks

Jorgen Andersson

A BIG Thanks to Stu, Paula, Kyle, the city and the people of Hobart, and everyone that helped make this race possible.

Truly a premier event. :) :)

Thank You Stu, Paula, Kyle and all that worked retrieve, pits and the stand...... Awesome Job !! Also a Big Thank You to Bruce Jacobs for getting this ball rolling and making this event a possibility.

if you didn't go this year or last year shame on you.. stu and the gang have made this the ABSOLUTLY BEST race in the impba right now.. hands down. thanks for all the great racing and good people i have met

chris

Latest posts

Back