HOBART 2010

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This race does present a little problem to those with children that race as it's also in the beginning of the school year so they can't participate. The other side of the coin is that there is a school across the street from the lake where the students can hear the boats running. Last year we had several teachers who brought their classes over to the lake to watch the race. The racers were great to the kids, answering their questions.

This race does present a little problem to those with children that race as it's also in the beginning of the school year so they can't participate. The other side of the coin is that there is a school across the street from the lake where the students can hear the boats running. Last year we had several teachers who brought their classes over to the lake to watch the race. The racers were great to the kids, answering their questions.
if the dad can get off work to go, then the kids can get off school to go too. least thats the way it worked at my house

Daniel

how are you buddy,

myself and Ian are looking at also going next year,

regards Aaron

Dude really good and you?

Will hopefully be down in Adelaide in a few weeks at the nationals.

Will give you a ring later want to talk to you about some engines for next year, looking at going to the worlds in April

Regards Dan

dan,

yes the race is run every year the weekend after labor day. been that way for a long long time

chris
Thanks Chris,

Can you also tell me if there is any other races on that are close to this date, maybe even if there NAMBA races? I am trying to find him more than 1 race to go to while he is over there.

Regards, Dan

well the only other race even remotely close to that date. and in the same area ( with in a hr or so ) that i know if is the one in MENDOTA IL. the minute breakers race.. it is the best race in d-4 aug 21 weekend i think.. check www.impba.net

chris

It looks like there maybe an AUSSIE invasion next year as I am on planing on going as well.
Let me know and I'll bring some real beer along! We've got this microbrewery about a mile away that makes some kick-a%% beer. I don't drink much myself any more (being a diabetic doesn't help) but I was thinking about bringing some Bell's Oberon in a mini-keg along for a little after race imbibing. I don't know if we can drink at the site but there's always Red Roof Inn.

It looks like there maybe an AUSSIE invasion next year as I am on planing on going as well.
Let me know and I'll bring some real beer along! We've got this microbrewery about a mile away that makes some kick-a%% beer. I don't drink much myself any more (being a diabetic doesn't help) but I was thinking about bringing some Bell's Oberon in a mini-keg along for a little after race imbibing. I don't know if we can drink at the site but there's always Red Roof Inn.
Sounds good to me.

Sounds good to me.
If you don't feel like lugging the mini barrel, there's a microbrewery about 300 yards away, up on the main street. ;) ....

dan,

yes the race is run every year the weekend after labor day. been that way for a long long time

chris
Thanks Chris,

Can you also tell me if there is any other races on that are close to this date, maybe even if there NAMBA races? I am trying to find him more than 1 race to go to while he is over there.

Regards, Dan
Here are three great races in striking distanst from Hobart they run on the same week every year.

Closest is Evansville about Three hour max. Mich and Seville Ohio a bit farther but real good racing there too.

PHIL

Sep 18 SEVILLE, OH

to 10 - 017R - PERFORMANCE MODEL BOAT CLUB

Sep 19 “Thunder in the Valley” Chippewa Valley Campgrounds, 8809 Lake Road, 44273. CLASSES:

CLASSES: Classes will be built by entries received, Nitro - Gas - FE mix. Entry is open to all

IMPBA legal approved classes with a 6 boat minimum. Pre-registration is required, race time

is 8:30AM Ohio time. CD: Mike Laing (330) 342-4757 email [email protected] See

race flyer for more information.

Sep 25 EVANSVILLE, IN

to 10 - 056R - RIVER CITY RACING CLUB

Sep 26 “Jack Kohlmeyer Classic ” held at Eagle Crest Lake, Eagle Crest Blvd at Intersection of I -164

& Lloyd Expressway, Evansville, IN, (behind Crackerbarrel restaurant) CLASSES: B, D, Open

Hydro; Sport 20 & 40 Hydro; 1/8 Scale; B Sport Tunnel; B Mod & D Tunnel; B, D & Open

Mono; Open Gas; Gas Sport Hydro; Gas Cat; Classic Thunderboat; Sport RTR. 5 boats to

make a class, pre-registration is required, race time 8:00AM. 150 boat limit. D14 rules apply

for Classic Thunderboat - Zenoah only. All classes run under shootout format. Several hotels

within one minute travel surround the pond, plenty of space for canopies. CD: Mike Schindler,

(812) 760 - 8036, email Mike at [email protected]

Sep 26 ROCHESTER HILLS, MI

to 10 - 041R - OAKLAND WOLVERINE MODEL BOAT CLUB

Sep 26 “District 2 Challenge” to be held at Spencer Park, 3701 John R Rd, 48309. CLASSES: B, D

Hydro; B, D Mono; Sport 40 Hydro; 1/8 Scale; RTR; Gas Classes are Mono, LS27 Sport Hydro,

Thunderboat and Cat. 3 boat minimum to make a class, pre-registration is required, race time

9:00AM sharp. CD: Mike Betke (248) 969-2216 email [email protected]

Assistant CD: Garl Clement (586) 344-3155 email [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
We are going to extend the entry cut off to August 14th. Entries must be received by then. Also, minimum class entries will be reduced from 12 to 6. At this point, all classes offered will be run except Gas Cat. I have only two entries for this to date. We have 200 boats entered and 80 drivers coming. Class break down:

B Hydro-25

D Hydro-18

E Hydro-12

F Hydro-9

Sport 20-9

Sport 40-18

Scale-22

RTR-7

B Sport Outboard-16

Open Outboard-6

Open Mono-11

Open Gas-12

Gas Cat-2

Unlimited-9

Thunder Boat-13

Multi-Engine-10

Stu Barr

Stu, that's not good news to me. I entered the gas Cat class and .21 hydro. I was going to pull my .21 hydro entry because the boat hasn't seen water yet. My son is entered in Open gas mono. I could throw another gas Cat together if I needed to and let someone else drive it but that still wouldn't be enough entries. Finding out that there are only 2 Cat's entered is kind of worriesome as there are a lot of those boats in the neighboring districts. I would be willing to move over to Open Gas if I need to.

With me pulling out of the .21 'rigger class right now that would make 24 entries or 4 heats of 6 boats.

Come on folks, get those entries in. You're probably missing one of the all-around best events that you'll ever attend!

Come on folks, get those entries in. You're probably missing one of the all-around best events that you'll ever attend!
This event is simply AWESOME!!! I've NEVER in all my days seen a town turn on for an R/C boat race like they do in Hobart. Some of the nicest people I've ever met anywhere. B)

We are going to extend the entry cut off to August 14th. Entries must be received by then. Also, minimum class entries will be reduced from 12 to 6. At this point, all classes offered will be run except Gas Cat. I have only two entries for this to date. We have 200 boats entered and 80 drivers coming. Class break down:

B Hydro-25

D Hydro-18

E Hydro-12

F Hydro-9

Sport 20-9

Sport 40-18

Scale-22

RTR-7

B Sport Outboard-16

Open Outboard-6

Open Mono-11

Open Gas-12

Gas Cat-2

Unlimited-9

Thunder Boat-13

Multi-Engine-10

Stu Barr
Nice to see the turn out for the sports and scale class.

B hydro leading the entrys again.

There should be about 40 boats in the unlimited class with all the D, E, and F hydro entries. Throw in some of those twins too. Fast gas boat would be a great Unlimited entry.

Whats Stu have to do, :blink: give a car away for Unlimited class. :p :p

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't want to feel like an outsider there, the name of the city is spelled Hobart but is said like Hobert.

Really, you couldn't ask for a better city to host a race in. I talked to a lot of the locals last year and they wished that this could be put on several times a year. They liked seeing somebody using their lake. Just about anything you'd need is within easy walking distance. Want food? They'll have it delivered to you. Wi-Fi? No problem as the library will set you up.

Me Time is also going to be doing a live webcast again this year.

If you live anywhere near Hobart try to at least stop by. I drove about 130 miles just to watch and hang out last year and ended up by staying for all 3 days while fighting off a nasty flu bug.

If Ron puts another Gas Cat together (I’m sure we can find a driver – how about it Mikey or Jeff), then we will only need 3 more. If we make minimum, that’s a 1 in 6 chance to win that hard to get “Green Jacket”.

If Gas Cat doesn’t make the cut then move mine to Open Gas.

DonB

My kid could drive the other one as he already knows the boat. It would only take maybe an hour to get it back together but he's going to be my pitman. Usually finding another pitperson is easy to do.

If we can come up with 3 more gas Cat's then I can enter the other one, he'd love that!

I'd put your odds at that even better Don, mine aren't that fast....... yet.

Stu, that's not good news to me. I entered the gas Cat class and .21 hydro. I was going to pull my .21 hydro entry because the boat hasn't seen water yet. My son is entered in Open gas mono. I could throw another gas Cat together if I needed to and let someone else drive it but that still wouldn't be enough entries. Finding out that there are only 2 Cat's entered is kind of worriesome as there are a lot of those boats in the neighboring districts. I would be willing to move over to Open Gas if I need to.

With me pulling out of the .21 'rigger class right now that would make 24 entries or 4 heats of 6 boats.

Ron,

Instead of worring about the Gas Cat class, why not spend the next month getting the .20 hydro wet and competing in the toughest class of the event? 25 "B" hydro's from all over the map is CRAZY competitive, and I'm sure more will enter between now and cut-off. Gotta love "Hobert". Bring it on!

Ron

Back