Hey Jerry Wyss!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRoth265

Hey Jerry, You going to come out and play this weekend at the district race? I'm coming down from the great wet north and would like to make sure that we finally get the chance to shake hands. what are you going to be running?Greg Roth : :D

Hey Greg, Yeah I'll be there hopefully Saturday afternoon to get some testin' done before Sunday. Would like to get "radared" while testing after Saturday's racing.

A Thunder Tiger/ Lynx is the current toy,,works perdy good,, doesn't corner as good as my XTR,,still have to work on it there.

Until Then :)

Jerry Wyss said:
Hey Greg, Yeah I'll be there hopefully Saturday afternoon to get some testin' done before Sunday. Would like to get "radared" while testing after Saturday's racing.A Thunder Tiger/ Lynx is the current toy,,works perdy good,, doesn't corner as good as my XTR,,still have to work on it there.

108354[/snapback]

Jerry,

Your Lynx should razor the corners...What kind of problem are you having?

-Carl,

VansRacing said:
Jerry Wyss said:
Hey Greg, Yeah I'll be there hopefully Saturday afternoon to get some testin' done before Sunday. Would like to get "radared" while testing after Saturday's racing.A Thunder Tiger/ Lynx is the current toy,,works perdy good,, doesn't corner as good as my XTR,,still have to work on it there.

108354[/snapback]

Jerry,

Your Lynx should razor the corners...What kind of problem are you having?

-Carl,

108403[/snapback]

Hi Carl, I thought you might see that :rolleyes: Boat doesn't like to turn at full throttle,,let up a little and it turns perdy well,,seems to get a little light up front in full throttle turns and you don't dare let up too much in that situation or it will hook.

The lower is (prop shaft) looks level to me with the sponson rears flat on the table,

boat has 4 oz of lead on it,, 3oz on that space between the front of the radio box and the rear of the nose section and 1/2 oz on each side of the "inside" the radio box about middle of the boat. The Thunder Tigers are probably the heaviest engine in that class of boats.

The balance point is 1/16th forward 7 3/4, that changed some how,,no water comin' outa there. The front of the prop hub is a "fat" 1/32in shy of 6 1/4.

Send me some pictures of your steering setup. What servo are you using for steering? How many and what size batteries are you using in the boat?

-Carl,

Last edited by a moderator:
VansRacing said:
Send me some pictures of your steering setup. What servo are you using for steering? How many and what size batteries are you using in the boat?
-Carl,

108424[/snapback]

Can't quite do the picture thing yet, the servo is Hitec HS-5645MG,

6volt, 5cell, AA.

Don't worry Carl. We'll get it fixed this saturday at the race. I know a few guys who will be able to help. ;)

Mike

We are going to fix it for you. There is nothing wrong with the boat. [SIZE=14pt]You just have it all goofed up[/SIZE] :p

Mike

Jerry,

Have you got the transom to Drive Dog measurement set correctly? 5-7/8"to 6-1/8" inches? The Thunder Tiger is shorter than the Lawless / OS and may require spacing out.

Tim.

Hey Tim, The last sentence in post #4 above indicates where I'm at,,I'm actually almost an 1/8th over 6 1/8th.

The boat balances a little nose heavy and that's not the way I balanced it at first.

I just changed the main tank cause the one that came with the boat (from Tunnel Bill) was one of Grim's aluminum 6oz tanks,,which would run out usually on the last lap, one time was 20' from the finish line in First Place :(

The new tank is plastic and I think is heavier so that alone may balance it out.

I'll check it next.

Back