Here we go...Plywood Shortage?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl Van Houten

Supporting Member
Vendor
According to the Zipp Kit web site they are out of plywood and no longer cutting kits and with no Estimated Date of Arrival. We all know what this will do to plywood prices and in turn the cost of laser cut wood kits. We have been hard at work on our LSG O/B Tunnel Kits and this is not good news. It takes 11 sheets of plywood for our 470 kit and 10 sheets for the 450. I hope this situation doesn't last long.

It already happened. We paid twice as much for our last pallet of wood. Now there is very little in the US, and it’s 400% more than last year. Add $1000 to ship a pallet from the Midwest, and we are out. They are saying that it will be at least 60 days until ply can get on the ship in Russia. It really is a sad situation.

Seems like it would be cheaper to rent a trailer for a few days and just go get it from the supplier. I do appreciate the heads up as I may be making a call to my supplier and see what they have. It may also mean a 150-mile round trip to the vendor for a couple of pieces of 1/16 and a piece of 1/8 ply. Monday could get spendy really quick

How much more money would it add to a kit to get them cut out? The zip kit product already has a great price. I’m sure we would pay a little extra just to get boat kits.

Back