Herb Stewart

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Knudsen

District 3 Director and IMPBA hall of fame member Herb Stewart passed away at

aprox. 1 A.M. this morning.

I'll post the funeral arrangements as soon as the family finalizes them.

Ed

District 3 Director and IMPBA hall of fame member Herb Stewart passed away at

aprox. 1 A.M. this morning.

I'll post the funeral arrangements as soon as the family finalizes them.

Ed

We will all miss Herb. It is good that he didn't have to suffer long.

I have been talking to a few of our club members regarding Herb and I will now announce that Brandon Model Boater's September WCRA race that is earmarked for charity will be, in Herb's honor, the Herb Stewart Memorial Race. All race proceeds will be donated appropriately in Herb's name.

It would be nice to see others do something similar.

Will miss seeing the Taj Mahal at Dover Park.

Herby will be missed I was really hoping he would pull through and make it back boating again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Silent Engines fellas-

Cant describe how much reading this hurts right now.

RIP Herb, you will be truely missed by many.

Andy

****, ****, ****. although i only got to meet herb once in 2008, at the tunnel champs, he made me feel like a good long time friend in about 2 minutes flat. this hurts a lot more than i would think, for such a brief acquaintance :( . but, that's the way herb was..... we all have lost a great competitor, innovator & ambassador of this hobby. godspeed & rip, herb, i'll miss not being able to see you again, on this earth.

RIP Herb was a fine man with plenty to say,in our 2 phone conversations i heard the voice of a true model boater.

RIP Herb was a fine man with plenty to say,in our 2 phone conversations i heard the voice of a true model boater.
Mike , knowing Herbie, they where probably 2 pretty LONG phone calls LOL .

We would talk on the phone for hours on end and I would always ask the wife after we hung up-

"why did I get him going ? " cause we would be on the phone so long :)

I will miss those talks now.

Sorry, just sitting here reflecting on a lot of good times in the 4-5 years I knew him.

It makes me very happy to know that -Herb knew he had been inducted into the Hall before he passed.

To all that had a hand in that- B)

Andy

I am sorry to hear of Herb's passing. I am very glad that I got to see and speak with him at the record trials this Spring in North Carolina. Herb took the time to show me all of his boats and explain everything about them. He was very proud of his boats and his hobby. We will surely miss him. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Dick Tyndall

Gods speed Herb!

We're sure going to miss you at the D-13 FE SAWs and Grand Prix.

Doug and Casey

I bought a K&B 11cc outboard from Herb at the Tunnel Champs this spring. I am happy to say that motor won me a third place in heat racing,second in oval time trials and first in SAW time trials in E tunnel at the IMPBA INTERNATS in Seville Ohio. Thanks Herb!!!

Bob Kensill

sad to hear for sure... never knew herb,,but its always tough to hear of a loss,,specialy someone who contributed to the rc boating hobby so much...

condolences to the family

alden

Fair winds, following seas Herb. There has to be model boats in Heaven - - otherwise, there are a few old boater Friends that would have come back. CHEERS !!! Bob Johnson

Here is the information regarding Herb's funeral. I hope some of his friends can make it. You can leave a condolence comment at the bottom of the obituary page. Click on Sign Guest Book.

The viewing is wednesday aug. 12, 2-3pm

memorial service 3pm

Merritt Funeral Home

Brooksville Chapel

2 South Lemon Avenue

Brooksville, Florida 34601

(352) 796-6699

Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7SKPB_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=merritt+funeral+home,+brooksville,+fl&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=0,0,13614319777908772466&ei=bUuBSrCDBeCMtgeCsvjYCg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1

Herb's Obituary

http://www.asimas.com/ASIMAS/merrittfuneral/obituaryDescription.jsp?domain_id=92&deceased_id=203378

HERB.jpg

Back