Herb Stewart Memorial Challenge - Round 2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Okay guys and gals- sign em up. Entry is available @

www.rcracingevents.com

Same classes and format as last year- If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask here or shoot me a PM , but I'm pretty sure for the most part you guys know the deal- ;)

Mike Culhaune walked away with the sweet hardware in 2012- B) B) B)

Who will be next to keep the traveling trophy for a year ??????

Look at that water- You know you want SOME ...............

2j1rgbo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
THERE. CD on board, 3 loaded in the clip.

Allritey Culhane, time to put up the hardware as collateral. You are comped two classes as defending champ.

The tri-oval is by far the most fun you can have on the water with a tunnel boat, just think of Pocono's track,

turn 1, 3 buoys, not 5,

short chute out at 2 o'clock to the offshore back stretch, one buoy.

Brandons version of the Long Pond straightaway to buoy 8,9,10

Down the front chute.

The uniqueness of the single buoy short chute turn is there are so many lines that work, a faster boat can wide swing and let it eat, just look out for the trees! Or hug the corner tight, make them go wide outside to get a line.

where are you......

Westbrook

Otto

Cardoso

Mongar

Minassian

Britton??????

Hearl?????????

come on Pickard, no fun unless you run.

We need ya too Jim Scala, you got that beautiful Vision boat ready to go.

Connelly.

Windex, sure would love to have ya too.

Zack and Big Rich

This is a race that Herb would have beamed about, not a points race, just a day at the pond.

RP

First and for most THANK YOU -Randy Premo B)

Good news Robert .

I'm considering going to a 5 round total score and a separate award for the Fastest 2 Lap Timed Tri-Oval. ;)

Other than that, Same deal as last year-

Sat 8-12pm Timed 2 lap ovals $1.00 per attempt- $1.00 after 1st retrieve. 1pm-5pm Rounds 1/2-3 ? . Sunday rounds 3-5 work in a lunch break based on weather and time-and then awards and get the travelers on the road at a reasonable hour. If weather becomes a factor we can run more rounds on Sat and cut the 2 lap timed runs short - pending participation.

Lets hear it ?????

Oh Btw- anyone have a problem with me running my ModVp in A-Stock so I have a 2nd class ????

I deserve a shot at it too :rolleyes:

There is no doubt Georganna -Randy and I are gonna need some help from the same folks that where kind enough to step up last year, esp with my work schedule now- but rest assured , the Tri-Oval and LeMans starts in ModVP are alive and well B)

Robert,

During the STRA hot laps, we saw no less than 4 different boats recording lap times, albeit on a stop watch, in the 25's and 24's (sec.)

Pull out a record book and look at 20 mod 2 lap times.

They were on fire.

We did this at Walterboro for WTC, and were seeing 60+ speeds out of heat racing boats in 2007, with Drake cracking 70 with the 40, until the conrod gave up.

A couple of hours, weather permitting.

We started the timed lap format to have a way to see who really had the goods. "King of the hill" "No Keyboard to hide behind." You can also use them to tune up your boat and driving. A good addition to open water that you can use or not at your discretion. If no one wants to be timed the water is open until someone wants an official run. When we started this race format if I would have allowed a vote at the drivers meeting we would not have a Tri-Oval. I did not hear one person want a regular course after the first heat. Like beach starts you need to run the race before you come in and change things back to what's comfortable. This is the best driving race for tunnels period. We also have been known to change the corners between rounds. Like Randy said earlier you just don't go to the lead bouy and turn the wheel. You get to think on the fly and adjust your lines to pass. The boats that post the fastest times are not always the winners here. Andy I see no problem with your MVP in stock as your carrying more hull drag, not an advantage. If you want I have other boats you or Georganna are welcome to run. Mic

Here is the thing Randy i live three half hours away if you just race we be out early on Sunday with the timed your done at five then trophpys by time i get home it is close to 11 see my point from down here Robert

Robert , we had several racers from several states last year and I would think we will again this year. That said we are well aware of the drive some may face, many longer than yours (just how far is 3 half hrs btw ) ;) and last year most all where on the road in the 3 range if I recall, it was a long 3 days of hard work for me so someone can correct me if Im wrong.

Its an EXTREMELY flexible schedule with plenty of wiggle room, we got this.

Your making much more of this than it is really :rolleyes: The door is open should you guys decide to come up, we would love to have you.

Back to racing - Get those entries in guys, Any of you boys from North of the Fl line coming this year ????

How bout it Poole - put down the paddle for a few and head South with the wife ....

Andy

We started the timed lap format to have a way to see who really had the goods. "King of the hill" "No Keyboard to hide behind." You can also use them to tune up your boat and driving. A good addition to open water that you can use or not at your discretion. If no one wants to be timed the water is open until someone wants an official run. When we started this race format if I would have allowed a vote at the drivers meeting we would not have a Tri-Oval. I did not hear one person want a regular course after the first heat. Like beach starts you need to run the race before you come in and change things back to what's comfortable. This is the best driving race for tunnels period. We also have been known to change the corners between rounds. Like Randy said earlier you just don't go to the lead bouy and turn the wheel. You get to think on the fly and adjust your lines to pass. The boats that post the fastest times are not always the winners here. Andy I see no problem with your MVP in stock as your carrying more hull drag, not an advantage. If you want I have other boats you or Georganna are welcome to run. Mic
Very generous of you as usual Mic B)

I'm okay as long as everyone else doesnt mind me running in Stock with the ModVp. :mellow:

Besides having to rebuild it :ph34r:

Well said btw- thanks.

Andy

i guess it is time to sign up for my first race in 12 years. i am going to enter stock b tunnel and i am finishing my 40 tunnel. can anyone tell me the difference between mod d tunnel and super stock d tunnel. i don't want to sign up for the wrong class.thanks ,jim

The Duncan clan is in for sure. Can't wait to get south of the border and run with yall again!

Im trying, just not sure yet. Had a blast last year. The 9 hour drive is tough to swallow, but I want to go...

The Duncan clan is in for sure. Can't wait to get south of the border and run with yall again!
Cant wait to see the Ducan Clan again- we had a blast last year B)

Gabe , know its a long ride and a lot shorter notice than I wanted, If you can make it drag your partner in crime along again, we would love to have you back again, besides we need a night watchman ;)

Andy

Yep. I should have said its tough to swallow right now, being laid off from work. :)

Back