Herb Stewart Memorial Challenge - Round 2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey doesn't the TBM require you show up to Brandon to renew your status? or have the Atwells defected to the Low Country Syndicate.

Had a few questions about format so,

This is an Outboard Tunnel race only- Gas/Nitro/F-E

We run on a modified Tri-Oval style course that has proven to be VERY competitive and challenging- yet fun for all levels of

racers. I have yet to see someone walk off the stand without a smile on their face in the time we have run this format since Mic introduced

it several years ago at Brandon during the STORM series, the format allows you to run a single class for an individual award - or run 2 classes (picked at sign in) for the shot at the Over All Champion and a year with a VERY nice traveling trophy.
thumbup1.gif

We will also run 2 lap timed Tri-Oval attempts in the AM on Sat prior to heat racing, that will also include an individual award for the fastest 2 lap run . Heat racing will feature 5 rounds - 2/3 rounds Sat and the remaining rounds Sunday weather pending, with plenty of time to get the travelers on the road. Quite frankly if everyone is there Sat and majority votes to keep going Sat- we will B)

The reason we split it up some originally was to give those that could only come Sunday to still have a shot at the Overall Trophy.

We had people from 3 states last year and they hit the road -awards in hand by 3:30 - :rolleyes:

For those that have never run a tunnel @ Brandon- this is THE pond in the S/E -

Not to mention the Tri-Oval and LeMans starts in limited classes B)

Any questions can be asked here or by PM -

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting time to take a long look at where we stand for entries and where we make the call to say- not this year or yes.

We are about 6 weeks out and honestly guys and gals I am hard pressed for giving notice to work for the time off that it will take to pull this off.

Dont take it the wrong way, but unless someone else wants to take charge this year- My tick tock is running low to commit to make this happen unless interest raises sooner than later.

Georganna breaking her foot today is gonna make it all the harder, as she was a huge part of the team last year.......... -_-

I'm very close to pushing the date back and refunding those already paid, and we shoot for another date.

Andy

Okay guys and gals - I'm taking the time off work in the am to make this happen............

SO !!!!!

Time to step up if you want ya SOME :eek: :eek: :eek:

12 BRAVE ENOUGH and 40 FAST TUNNELS are already in - B)

Racers - THIS IS YOUR TARGET :rolleyes:

Not only did he get a Green jacket this year ,

He still has THIS -

2d3oeq.jpg

That alone is enough to make even a 3 time WTC Champ do this -

261175e.jpg

And even has some US -1 Holders wondering wtf............

2dalpxy.jpg

not to mention a few others scratching what hair they used to have

wqowlj.jpg

Let alone these guys

s11car.jpg

And lets not forget-

A few "players :rolleyes: " in ModVp FAILED to make the ride and once again went to the smack line for 2012-

Will they surface in 2013 or will they hide from lack of Vision :ph34r:

2q9ggpg.jpg

Heck. Even Go Fast had some fun out of his element, so whats your excuse :ph34r: (love that antenna btw) ...........

2iu8bnq.jpg

And still- this guy is as cool as a cucumber=

w5pjl.jpg

Mic is still looking for his little buddy .

2u9hh0k.jpg

And Otto has plenty of GO FAST JUICE .

23r4k1i.jpg

SOOOOO .

Hearle - Mongar - Otto - Cordosa Jeffro ???

Lets go ladies .

Do you REALLY want to miss the fun ???????????????

I guess what I'm saying is,

Stop siting on the fence-

qx9pxt.jpg

No sense in waiting around - (check out Foley trying to figure out why it aint running- :lol: :lol: ;) )

jaxtft.jpg

Come join us for some good clean FUN !!!!

33kg8qr.jpg

I don't have any tunnels rtr but I will come help at the race though.
Somehow that sounds so odd - Jeffro without a tunnel to run :wacko:

and we will gladly accept your offer btw - lol ;)

Good deal Matt- you guys will love the Tri-Oval........

Andy

Signed up, ready to go!

Looks like stock and mod B is the class to be in. Only 5 and 6 entries left in that class should be interesting!

Gonna try and cobb together a motor and test in the am- bad time to tear up my stuff- grrrrrrrrrr <_<

You guys having the race Andy???? If so, good luck to everyone and Im glad its happening. One day, I am going to talk a few D12 guys into making the trip down, or maybe it can be held in a more centralized location, like Atlanta one year????... :)

Yeah we are racing - I wouldnt have a problem traveling the race one day in the future Ron-

but its kinda Tough to beat Brandons water that time of year, you ought to try it ;)

The tough part will be doing it without Georganna's help- just found out today(2 weeks after her injury) that they are going to have to operate Thursday to reset the damage in her foot -_- She was a HUGE part of our team last year , and its not only her presence at the lake that will be missed- its me being able to give the time needed. Gonna need some help this year guys and gals :mellow:

Seems as though RCRacingEvents must be broken cause I dont see Otto or Mongar or Cordosa on the entry list ??

Hell even Britton got drunk and entered :p :p :p Love ya buddy ;)

Sign em up early as you can, so we can make the needed arrangements.

This things gonna happen , be it with the 14 guys and 46 boats we have or less-

Somebody is gonna take that trophy home for another year, lots of ways to skin a cat this year :ph34r:

Yeah we are racing - I wouldnt have a problem traveling the race one day in the future Ron-

but its kinda Tough to beat Brandons water that time of year, you ought to try it ;)

The tough part will be doing it without Georganna's help- just found out today(2 weeks after her injury) that they are going to have to operate Thursday to reset the damage in her foot -_- She was a HUGE part of our team last year , and its not only her presence at the lake that will be missed- its me being able to give the time needed. Gonna need some help this year guys and gals :mellow:
Dang Andy. Sorry to hear about Georganna. Hopefully everything goes ok with her surgery. Also, yes Brandon will be hard to beat.... ;)

Well well well, looked who joined the show- and the plot thickens...........

Welcome aboard Mr.Otto ;) Now rattle Gene and Tommys cage would ya.

Lets see, this field consists of -

US-1's - Multiple

Green Jackets -Multiple

WTC Winners - Multiple

Guys this field may not be huge, BUT !!!!!!

You wanna slice of THIS PIE- Your gonna have to EARN it -_-

Tick Tock - 23 days and counting B)

On a side note, I need as much help as I can get this year, Georganna gets 4 or 5 pins and a few screws in her foot in the am- wish her well all..........

30u955f.jpg

D12 is coming to Fla to bring that trophy north one day!!!.... :)

Have fun guys.

Ron you guys just make sure when your loading the car to pack your "some" -

You will need it ;)

Back