heading to kalamazoo

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to learn this dig cam better.. Most shots are far away, unless the boat is stopped in water... Here's Ron's Don Q Rum 7.5.

The old, but still good... Wade's 1/8 scaler(?)

Sorry, it's a DragonFly... Someone get out the fly swatter! ;D ;D ;D

hehe.... I had a ton of shots on the first card of nuthin but wake and exhaust opps! :( oh well... i've been looking at different tunnels, what type was "HER" boat again?

Did i have that pen behind me ear the whole time???? lol i think i work too much if i did

Her boat is a custom made WOF.. It started out as a Dumas Wood Sprint, but ended up being a WOF Sprint.. 24" long.. We bought the boat from a lady who was giving up R/C boats since her boyfriend (the gent who made the boat) had passed away. Jim Irwin knows who I'm talking about - Paul & Jan... Jim told me of Jan having boats and I picked them up..

I have about 6 mins worth of vid... How do I get these posted? Earthlink only allows 10 mg for website, so I'll run out real quick...

Mark...

Nice to know you guys are really big into RC boating safety. I like wearing sandals for solo play, but starting boats on the grass and barefoot :eek:

That's just insane! Maybe the team logo should be something like

Team Insane -or a picture of a bleeding foot :-X

Slyde on the camera topic, It usally takes the wife a dozen shots with the digital just to get the boat somewhere "inside" the frame. Hard to time the shots when things are on the move.

Well being there and that many boats being started and running and barefoot.

NOOOOOOOOOOO ONE GOT HURT.

Even the kid playing in the water, which was NUTS while the boats were running, but thank god he wasnt hurt. And when your having fun and no one gets hurt, that makes the day even better.

FOR YOU TUNNEL GUYS, Hows the 3.5 Leecraft????

is it worth it or should i go the WOF??

You are right Eric :-[. that was nuts. Next time I plan on bringing slop boots. I dug my pair out the night before I went, & they were trashed from sitting in the basement for too many years. I didn't have time to get a new pair.

Obnut, those are good pics. I don't know if my hydro can be classified as an 18th scale or not. it isn't a scale of any full-size hydro that I know of. It is a Dumas Dragonfly 60

Hay how about the giant bird turds we were walking in no one mentioned :- Or did no one notice :eek: at least my shoes were clean the water cleaned off our dude feet ;)NO pictures of those :'(

This is "her" or "ob nuts wife." ;) Just wanted to say I had a great time running with all you "guys." Could have done without the kid in the water!!! > :( Mark and I look forward to running with this group again. Thanks again for letting a "girl" run with you. ;D And yes, I have an EXCELLENT mechanic and he's FREE!!!

;D Did you all notice how many people viewed our little kalzoo trip,maybe more people will show up next time and have a little fun with us :D hay Waid ill send you some vidioes saturday ,if you want ill send some early home pond raceing with our lapcats,youll have to fast forward the boreing stuff.

Who cares if a girl was there ,you boat was cool and fast ,thanks to the machanic wright ;) you still have to drive it good or the machanic is a waste.Iv got some great vidio of your pink tunnel zooming around ,when waid gets my vidieo maybe he's got the technology to post some pics of it. Or is it pink an white kinda.

Hey "Her", what's your name and how come you're not registered?

The white and pink boat looked right at home......with all those white and pink legs! ;D Get some sun you guys!

Seriously though, I'm Jealous (capital J). Wish I could have been there. When are y'all going to have a fun day a little farther South?

Thanks guys, 2 more shots of my wet ass! I did a lot of dead boat retrieval that day. We broke 3 of those cheap paddles, I brought 1 spare. A neighbor dropped off those kids, one of them was a PITA at times but he chased down a lot of boats for us in shallow water.

My wife showed up for a while but I was busy trying to work on at least 3 boats at once so she never got a chance to drive one before she had to leave.

Your wife is welcome to run with us again anytime. I've always welcomed any woman or kid to join in. I've raced against some good female racers before. Her boat was pink and black cobwebbing.

PJ, I like my pink and white legs the way they are! ;D ;D If they got more sun, then it would be more RED than anything else ;D ;D ;D

Ron, I have a few more shots of your wet a$$ if you want them posted :D :D

Wade, sorry about that... :p Heard what boat it was, but couldn't recall the name.. Now I know...

As for "her" boat, yes, it's white base with pink and black cobwebs.

Dale, send me a vid of the boats. I have the equipment to get it over to digi format.. Let me know and I will send you a blank vcr tape or what ever it takes. BTW, hope those conrods work out for ya!

YES dale I noticed all the goose dropings.

I guess you get used to it around any pond.

Hey if people are doing up a video of this, I will send a tape or whatever to get one made up for me.

And WOMAN and CHILDREN are ALWAYS WELCOME with me, as long as the kids stay out of the way.

I will say this, OB NUT that little girl that came with you, she was PERFECT she sat there the whole time.

and Dales Son, Just couldnt get the controls from dad. ;D OOO and he was out of the way tooo, good couple of kids. GOOD START for this sport/hobby at that age.

Dale,

I tried to email you but it did not go through. I'm wondering if you got that boat straightened out? What did you dind wrong..

Looks like ya'll had a good time at the races.

Mark HTB Boats

WHOW

Bare feet in the pits...scare the bejesers out of me.

Dudes please be carefull.

Grim

OK answer a few queistions, M ark hopper , i checked all my boats c/g's and made them the same as my sons boat that runs great ,I centered the motors between the sponsons not the transum added two ounces of weight to the frount of the boat lowered the motor and tilted it up alittle,ran a 1450 prop and a cut down x445 both ran good but the 1450 takes about 25' to bite the water then it hauls a$$ they ran great at kalzoo i had a lot bigger area to open them up.OB nut im sending my video's to Waid so you can get the video from him when you guys get want from it you can send it back to me ,theirs not a whole lot on it but a good vid of your wifes boat and Waids. By the way ponds open in Toledo come on down or up what ever it is i run every weekend Pick a day Ill be there,I have a retrieval boat you wont get a wet a$$ in with motor 10 hp johnson ;D

> :( Well it is a good thing we didn't try to have our fun run at Riverside Park in Grand Rapids. I just got back from there & I was told by the security patrol that "powered boats" weren’t allowed in the pond including model boats. What a bunch of crap. So it looks like I am going to have to find another place to run near by. I am clueless though, the Wave Runners don't even have a pond anymore :( they are working on getting a new one though. Well Ron, I guess I am going to have to make some trips to K-zoo. My Friend Chris couldn't make it down for our fun run, but he would like to go some time soon. the problem is that he works every weekend. maybe we could head down after he gets out of work some weekend.

Back