Gun Control OR

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark the trade in older guns was where I was goin,

The new stuff yea its nutz unless ya want something other than 223 or 9mm.

Gene

Last edited by a moderator:
No problemo buddy ;)

Added note: With the deals going on and the amount of people looking,

If ya see something better grab it !

Gene

I have not been shopping for a gun in awhile but wish I would have added to the collection last year before the prices went up...

A picture of gun control. Don't miss or it will jump on you:(

Take the time and go shopping Kev,

I got a XD-9 with Trijicon sights today........

Trade in on a AR,

Gene

From Townhall.com-

Yesterday the Colorado House passed four gun control bills, one of which bans ammunition magazines that hold more than 15 rounds. Magpul Industries, a company that produces some of the highest quality ammunition magazines around, has threatened to leave the state and take hundreds of jobs with it if this legislation is passed by the Senate and signed into law by Governor John Hickenlooper. Formed in Colorado in 1999 by a former Marine, the successful Colorado company Magpul Industries employees over 200 people and offers over 500 polymer products. But it’s one of their products that has garnered national attention, and controversy. It’s the 30-round rifle magazine designed for the AR-15 and the military M4 and M16 rifles. Famously or infamously known as the high capacity magazine. It accounts for almost half of all sales at Magpul. “It’s the standard that’s used in our military as well as allied militaries. With state, federal and local law enforcement as well as hunters, recreational shooters, competitors and responsible citizens all over the united states,” says Duane Liptak, director of Magpul Dynamics in Erie, Colorado. Magpul calls it the standard capacity magazine. Colorado lawmakers want to call it illegal if House Bill 1224 passes and becomes law. It would prohibit the sale, transfer or possession of rifle magazines holding more than 15 rounds. If the bill indeed passes, it could spell the end of this 13-year-old Colorado company.

I'm sure we can find a place for them here in southern Virginia. :D

In the last few days a story broke (but kept out of lamestream media) about "no hesitation targets" purchased by Homeland Security for agent practice. This is a YouTube clip of a phone call to Law Enforcement Targets, Inc who made the targets. The web page with these targets has been pulled down by LET,inc but they did/do exist (I saw them before they were pulled) and they are also shown in the video. When you go to any NRA range human targets are absolutely forbidden, am I wrong to find it rather disturbing that DHS has a desire for targets like this? I talked to a local LEO that I know and even he thought that it was way over the top.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-zWMCdrg0I

A bit much for sure......

Primary concern for me is NONE of those pics are "shoot to disable"

Gene

I feel very compelled to comment on this. The first thing that came to mind is what happened at Ruby Ridge Idaho some 20 years ago, when Vicki Weaver was MURDERED by a fed govt sniper standing at the door of their cabin holding their infant son, along with their teenage son, and Randy injured by sniper fire. Randy Weaver's sister happened to be a receptionist in our department at the time so we got a real first hand account long before the government commission admitted to some half-azz mistakes. I am becoming more convinced of what may happen in the not too distant future in our country, I do hope I am wrong.

Wallster

I feel very compelled to comment on this. The first thing that came to mind is what happened at Ruby Ridge Idaho some 20 years ago, when Vicki Weaver was MURDERED by a fed govt sniper standing at the door of their cabin holding their infant son, along with their teenage son, and Randy injured by sniper fire. Randy Weaver's sister happened to be a receptionist in our department at the time so we got a real first hand account long before the government commission admitted to some half-azz mistakes. I am becoming more convinced of what may happen in the not too distant future in our country, I do hope I am wrong.

Wallster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge

Same here, thou Missouri, Texas, Wyoming, or more have bills drawn saying they will not recognise federal mandate on gun control.

Any agent trying to enforce such in state boundaries will be guilty of a felony. The Pres wants common sense policy on gun control ?

Each state needs to enforce there own laws that work for them,

Gene

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Maryland Senate approved a comprehensive gun control bill on Thursday that includes a ban on assault weapons and fingerprinting for prospective handgun buyers.

The Democratic-controlled Senate passed the bill 28-19 and sent it on to the House of Delegates, according to the chamber's website.

Democratic Governor Martin O'Malley proposed the measure in the wake of the Newtown, Connecticut, school massacre in December in which 20 children and six adults died. The rampage reignited a national debate on gun control.

The bill has a licensing requirement for handgun buyers to submit fingerprints to state police. Gun buyers also have to complete an eight-hour safety training course and undergo a more rigorous background check before purchasing a weapon.

The measure bars anyone who has been involuntarily committed due to mental illness from possessing a firearm. It also bans assault weapons and limits magazine sizes.

Granted it's Maryland which has had it's political head up it's own butt for years but requiring fingerprinting?????? Last I checked only criminals got fingerprinted........... WTF??? :eek: :angry:

They just tried to pass a couple bills here in Iowa regarding gun registration, and I contacted one of our represenitives and got the following response. Was pretty nice to know at least for now, the home front is OK:

"Dear Mr. Pierce,

Thank you for your e-mail on these two bills. As chairman of the Iowa House Judiciary Committee, I had already perceived these bills to be a danger to Iowans’ Second Amendment rights and had refused to allow them to come forward. In fact, immediately upon their filing several days ago, I refused to even assign them to a subcommittee. And in my role as chairman, I will continue to stand watch over your Second Amendment rights to ensure no infringement upon them will take place.

Thank you again for your e-mail and your interest in these bills.

Sincerely,

Rep. Chip Baltimore

Sent from my iPhone"

Come on over Don! TX. is big enough, We will keep our Guns. I do not have to buy any I have plenty.

No assault guns. :)

Latest posts

Back