Great afternoon with JAE21 with Nova28 at the lake!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Harris

Hi all . I just wanted to say I had a great afternoon at the lake. I got my Nova 28 carb setting all sorted in my JAE21. It was a bit fiddly and luckily i had my waders after a few false starts. I leaned the full throttle setting in from over rich. Wow Wow. this boat blew me away with its speed. I'm very impressed. Due to driver error and sun in my eyes I unfortunately clipped the far side bank later in the afternoon as my lake is too small for the new found speed.

I broke the carbon rods on one of the sponsons.

Even so I left very happy. I have ordered a new set from Zipp Kits. I have luckuly found a much bigger lake not too far away for the next outing! Thanks again to all that helped with advice on carb setting. Its now running very "sweetly" ( sounds more like a swarm of angry african killer bees!)..Tim

Tim,

Now try a 1650 on it when you get to the bigger lake.

You will be amazed!

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Tim,

Just be careful 80+ MPH on the water things happen pretty fast as you found out with beaching the boat.

The 28 can be made to run even better with a little bit of work on it.

Thanks,

Enjoy Your Boat Safely,

Mark

Agreed safety is never compromised by me whether I'm flying helis planes or boats. It's best to keep the hobby fun an not risk injury! When my boat clipped the bank it was the far side (unfortunately verical concrete bank) where there is no access(or people,). I do not run it close to the lakeside.

Back