GP hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am building the 310 for sport21 hydro.. I am going to use the Mikes cowl for now,.. but man that hull will really look good with that style of cowl.. We need someone to make us a mold!!!!

yup if i new how i would try ,working on getting a new shop .but $ is a biggy now.I got a new nova 5 port coming so i will get the gp 335 as sone as im happy with the cowl.the hull i love .gut the cowl is not a gp.

I just call it a GP as I label all my hulls, it was never ment to mean it was suppose to be a GP copy or anything! My current cowling was ment to be my own, not a copy of everything else out there, plus its simple, which for FE is a big plus. Sorry you are not \"happy\" with the cowl....There are plenty of other hulls out there to choose from...

Oh don't take that personally Mike.. The cowl you make looks great too,.. it just screams FE,.. which was original intent of the boat.. We want one that says "nitro under the hood".. That's all!!!!

Thanks Anthony, and thanks for taking the drawing this morning a modeling a gp cowl for the hull...so everyone stay tuned!

Ok,.. we have a cowl designed for this boat. I will be searching for someone to help us get it cnc'd from REN wood or whatever makes sense..

I have the inverse of the model all done,.. draft and rounds are good for molding.. I will be posting and asking of anyone has the ability to get this cut for a reasonable cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Nova 5 port today,Cant waite to send it it steve Wood to get some work done.Then to get my gp 335 and build it.

Got the sport 40 GP400 around 70mph in heat trim over the weekend around bouys! Its flyin! Mike

Your right Rob, they started life as a Proboat before I cut them & changed em. I'm in the stages of making new design hulls that would be even closer to the GP class hull, the plug I'm working on is a tri wing hull like the old gp1 spellbound. It's an auld designed hull that was made about 1998ish & raced in Australia as a twin turbo'd v8, or another version was gp5 wasp racing. It ran a ford small bock v8 before being cut up & rebuilt into its current shape. Spellboaund was destroyed in an accident & never fixed.

After that the next hull design is another auld the old gp101 that Jeff Bernard drove when it was painted in the flames
will corect you on spellbound & the wasp both of those boats were ron jones hydro's.

Just a comment on ML GP boat series. I have a GP310 kit that I am building. I have designed lots of boats and had lots of laser cutting done... I don't know who is doing Mikes cutting, but its better than I've ever had. The kit is laid out really well and so far is going together like a good puzzle. I worked about 2 hours last night and maybe 1.5 tonight and I have the sponsons done and I'm ready to start the center section. It's kind of built like a rigger with a wide tube, and framed up / skinned sponsons. I like the way he has numbers on the parts where they join to other parts,. if the numbers on all the parts don't match up, it's the wrong location or wrong piece.

We should have the new mold / plug for the cowl cut this week. I'm really excited about the kit / cowl combo... It's going to be an outstanding new sport20 for sure!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back