Got me a new Vegas Duce!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larcor69

Supporting Member
ordered a duce this morning, along with a SV27 flywheel, octura collet, a grim 2 blade prop and a octura M-535/3 blade, and a 6 oz fuel tank!!, going to turn the radio box around so battery is in the front to save the extra weight towards the rear, install my receiver and steering servo and replace the rudder linkage with a 4-40 rod!! along with the Grim turn fin, cut the bottom of the rudder, and blueprint the hull bottom, is there anything else that need's to be done but still keep it stock, other that cutting out the cowl for air flow???

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely do what Jerry said! Then start building a wood radio box. The plastic one will break, then the replacement plastic one will break, and then you put in the wooden one you built and the problem goes away. Also, shop for better flex shafts.

Definitely do what Jerry said! Then start building a wood radio box. The plastic one will break, then the replacement plastic one will break, and then you put in the wooden one you built and the problem goes away. Also, shop for better flex shafts.
replace the flex coupler....there nothing wrong with the flex shafts.. been using them on my .21 oberto proboats without any breakages.....

ordered a duce this morning, along with a SV27 flywheel, octura collet, a grim 2 blade prop and a octura M-535/3 blade, and a 6 oz fuel tank!!, going to turn the radio box around so battery is in the front to save the extra weight towards the rear, install my receiver and steering servo and replace the rudder linkage with a 4-40 rod!! along with the Grim turn fin, cut the bottom of the rudder, and blueprint the hull bottom, is there anything else that need's to be done but still keep it stock, other that cutting out the cowl for air flow???
corey get the block off plate and ditch the cheapo starting deal that sounds like the rod is grinding itself to death inside..and belt start it, not to mention it weighs like 2 oz ..oofff. and i put a small piece of ply under the flex stuffing tube and glassed it so it dont drop down and smoke the flexshaft like trevor's did " my 6yo" ..other than that i changed pipes to a mac 2.5 pipe and it seems faster not for sure yet, and the prop i have a x437 / 3 and it really scoots. was thinkin about getting one for me to race my boy with .. better do it before they jump the price on that one too..lol

tk

replace the flex coupler....there nothing wrong with the flex shafts.. been using them on my .21 oberto proboats without any breakages.....

If those flex shafts are working for you then you're not asking very much of them.... Why are they frequently out of stock? High demand maybe? <_<

I do agree with replacing the coupler though.

corey get the block off plate and ditch the cheapo starting deal that sounds like the rod is grinding itself to death
I need to keep it in the stock class,with out the stock starter it wont be.. and I ordered two cables from that place with the stainless shaft's!! so I guess I am good, I can also build wood box's have them on my 2 older boat's!! here's a pic of my old vegas!!badass boats radio box 001.jpg

I am sure I can make it a kick butt runner still stock!! I think I will make the wife's old vegas a mod and keep it, that way I will have 2 classes to run at the local pond, if I can get back into there club!!,,

My girlfriend ran a borrowed RTR for Charleston and It is as much fun running and watching those boats run as any.

I would love to add a Vegas to my fleet,But the room in my Tahoe is getting tight.

Tim

I am sure I can make it a kick butt runner still stock!! I think I will make the wife's old vegas a mod and keep it, that way I will have 2 classes to run at the local pond, if I can get back into there club!!,,

just shove it under a seat!!
vegas's are a great boat to start into rtr boating plus somthing to play around with ....lol......

Ill second that!! Im into my 3rd season with mine....same AM radio, same flexshaft, same fuel tank, i did replace the plastic radio box with another one...this has been the CHEAPEST nitro boat ive ever owned and ive had a BALL running and racing it! I keep thinking about getting a Duece, but i promised myself i gotta wear this one out first! :)

Bill i saw a Duece run at Melborne the Misss Vegas with the O.S. and the Super Vee ran all over him nice boat, but the ones with the moded engines had it all over him, yours runs just fast enough maybe have to have Andy come over before a race put a banana in the pipe lol see you next month

Hey Robert, i need just a few more MPH to keep up with those doggone TZs! I put another bullet in my Vegas but its NOT a TZ...i havent had a chance to test it yet, but im REALLY hoping its got a little more zipp than my CVRM! :rolleyes: :)

Curtis told me with the super vee the moded engine makes no difference because the way it rides in the water now have to get Rhonda to hold her finger in it maybe i glue it open lol

i will second that statement robert,,,, the sv runs to a certain mph and is un-managable...my sv runs 41-42mph and its just on the edge of "drivable".... i can still prop up with the mod aqua and it does go faster but gets to be a headache to chase the flipped over boats...lol

the duece i beleive is a nice hull,,, i had a couple of the super tigre engines to play with and wasnt that impressed,just my opinion,,,,thats so funny the way terry described the starting sound,,,cause its true..lol,,,,, went back to the roots...

alden

Back