my MVD with upgrades.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doug,,, you can kick your radio box over a hair to the right side,to make some room,, and it helps the handling in the corners also you cant go much,,pay attention to cowl fit while doing this... you can also kick it at an angle,,doesnt matter as long as you can make linkages work.... i can post a pic of the wooden box i have,,, quite simple to make,,, just get some ply from the hobby shop,,and make it to the same specs as the factory box...

yes the octura collet is a much nicer piece,,and ive never had an issue with them.....

i sent you a reply through pm sir.....

Thanks.. I originally put some fairly thin ply on the bottom and it pushed the box into the cowl, I ended up replacing the box .. I had thought about removing the lid and making one from plexi, but it really doesnt look like itd seal well.. a wooden box would let me lower the lid a bit, and maybe move it a hair like you suggest.. the cooper pipe will fit with about 1/2" extra added between the pipe and box.. but even the stock pipe could use the extra room..

Thanks, and I'll let ya know when the transom outlet gets here :)

I have had a few vagas i still have 1 and it just sits .They take a lot ot work .I use a stock header just opered it up some with dremel and a mac 3.5 hn and it fits nice .But if it was me i would put my $ on a sport 20 like pt ss21 or bulid one.more bang for the buck.

LOL.. I spent my money on a whiplash GV, and a Zippkits JAE .21 :) This is just something to run while Im getting them together.

The money on this one is already spent, and it should be a fun boat now.. it was a fun boat before, after it was started and wound out on the pond.. it was just everything before that causing me grief.

I have a group of buddies I boat with, and they run proboat elam hydros, also nitro.. I just wanted this boat to run 5% better than theirs or so.. if its any faster than that I'd have to detune it to run with theirs.. its about being fun, and keeping the field somewhat even makes that happen.. we aren't 'racing' but we run close together.. we all have raced offroad rc together for many years too.. I always leave the pond with a grin.. anyway.. one of the other guys runs an OS .18, metal prop, similar setup to my boat..

I'm going to convince them they need riggers.. maybe build a few JAE .12's as all of us have engines laying around for those.. the boat kit and hardware kit are cheap as chips..

I may do a sport 20 eventually, I do totally understand its a different class of boat than the RTR hull.. but if your buddies are canoeing, you need a canoe.. not a bass boat :)

doug im gonna say the header is the issue... you need one out of an sv27 ill post a pic and show you why your having an issue......

look.......the mac header is the bottom one... the upper one is the aqua header.... the aqua header you have there originally out of the duece is different then the one in this picture... the duece header is more like the macs header the 90 is pushed in closer to the engine... the sv header is personally what i think fits best..... the mounting block for the pipe is pushed back further in a duece also......

Photo1792.jpg

Awesome, Ill pick up the SV Header.. my mac header (the .10+ sized one) lines up almost perfectly with my aqua header, where the TP actually connects..its radius is gradual like the mac in your pic.. so that SV header would def move the pipe out a bit more... I was still trying to use the aqua header, figured no point in cutting that mac header.. may use it for small block rigger, that I mentioned previously..

Hmm.. that manifold is discontinued, and out of stock everywhere.. gonna haveta hit the used market I guess.. maybe ebay.. looks like the supertigre exhaust is all thats avalable..

thats a better idea boss..... the mac header will be nicer on a rigger.... ummmmmmmm dont get one........ ill send you one with the exhaust outlet.. ;) i have a bunch of them layin around....

Most excellent.. I looked on ebay and they arent there either.. and that does look like an easy and elegant solution.. I'll probably do a wooden radio box still, maybe not right away, but I would like to put a mini throttle servo in at some point, itd let me shrink the box a little as well I think..

If all goes to plan, I may be able to get it on the water a week from sunday.. weather permitting.. thats the plan anyway :)

Thanks again Alden, your help is invaluable.

Got the package today, havent installed the parts yet but it def looks like that header will help the exhaust layout.. transom is trick.. very cool. Thanks!

Back