GO marine .18 question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelbarnes

I was wondering if the Go Marine .18 engine would have a little more kick then the stock .18 that comes with the Proboat Formula Hydro?

I dont think it would give you more kick if it dose it would not be much you would be better off keeping the stock engine in it. If you want more kick get an OS yes more money but alot better engine and it will stay togather longer .

Last edited by a moderator:
I replaced my stock 18 in my Aquacraft SuperVee 27 and it definitely has more speed (have not gps'd it yet). I took the engine apart when I first got it and was very impressed with the construction. Very beefy. I have not had a single issue with it. I am still a humble noobie, but I wanted to give the engine a try, especially for that price - you never know. I read alot of good comments about them before I decided to buy one. They are still relatively new to the market, so time will tell.

On another note, everyone in my boat club has been putting a Dynamite .32 in their proboat hydros - and they fly!. Takes some mod work though to shoehorn it in there. :)

I dont think it would give you more kick if it dose it would not be much you would be better off keeping the stock engine in it. If you want more kick get an OS yes more money but alot better engine and it will stay togather longer .
I have 2 Go .18's...one in my vegas and one in Miss Emily and as a comparison to the stock AQU .18, there is none!! easily turnin a X440 with the Go engine whereas imposible to do with the AQU. Very much so more kick!!!! As for the price diff between the OS and the Go....no brainer!! I have numerous OS engines in my planes and they are great engines....but you can buy 3 Go's for the price of one OS. As far as speed goes...I was gettin mid to upper 30's with my stock AQU and with the Go and the X437/3 or X440 im in the mid to upper 40's

so I have ordered a .18 GO engine for my boat.

What size Flex Collet and Flywheel is needed or will the ones off of the stock ones off of the Proboat .18 fit?

I can't seem to find measurement specs from the Proboat one to confirm.

Any and all help is always appreciated!

Michael

Not sure where else you can get the flywheel but the collet is an octura I think. I get all my stuff for my Go's from Dominator Models.

TROOPER - You wouldn't happen to have the Octura part number and specs of the collet would you?

What flywheel are you using on your GO?

I believe the specs you are looking for are 5mm thread, .150 bore drive shaft collet. Hope this helps.

Sean

I use the OS Max Marine flywheel (for .10 -.18 sized motors) and the Octura 5mm threaded to .150 flex hex shaft coupler. I got my flywheel/engine from www.funrcboats.com and the coupler from www.offshoreelectrics.com. Just make sure to order the threaded version of the coupler (oct-ocfh5mm15), as most of the ones they sell are for electric motors.

Hope that helps.

having a tough time finding these parts local to me (Canada).

Does anyone know of a Canadian retailer (prefer online) that sells the parts listed by KarlKemnitz?

having a tough time finding these parts local to me (Canada).Does anyone know of a Canadian retailer (prefer online) that sells the parts listed by KarlKemnitz?

becuase i dont know what part number karl is talking about on the flywheel i cant help there... but if you run into a issue with the collet i have one i could send you,, its new in the bag.. pm me if you need it..

karl is it this one????? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXCB06&P=7

or this one?????? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXCB07&P=7

this one looks to be pretty universal as it has different i.d tapered sleeves..

alden

Camaroboy383 - How much would sell the collet shipped? Specs on it?

Its a octura 5mm thread for 150 cables. Part number ocfh5mm15 i use these on my aqua .18's.

I ship to canada all the time have no issue doing so.. $15.00 shipped to your door its new in package let me know

Alden

Kinda wondering if a aqua .18 flywheel would work on that go crank??

Would like to see a pic of the threaded part of the crank and a measurement of the diameter would help also.

Alden

Alden,

The first one you listed from Tower (OS Marine #1D) will work - that's the one I have. Its for a 5mm shaft (os .18, go .18, aqu .18)

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
Back