Gene's Prop Tech/ Part II

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EMS,

Gee, I have trouble finding time to do all my own stuff .... ;D

Gene,

I cant say too much, but we tried a new ABC prop on the weekend and it was very good.... 8)

Nitrocrazed racing: Computer designed props are the best.....

Ian,

Excellent, Might it be the one that you cut/shape per application?

Phase III Racing: Shhhhhhh! its a secret :-X

Gene,

No, it was an ABC prop modified as per Jim Scheafer's instructions. I smashed up my boat before I got to try it, so I tried it on a friends boat....which went quicker than it had ever gone before!!!! ;D

Nitrocrazed racing: That cant possibly work....

Gene,

Yeah. :'( I was running in a river and I think I may have clipped something in the water, it barrel rolled at probably close to 80mph and tore the right hand sponsons off! Bit of bad luck really. I think I can fix it okay, but I have a big race on the weekend, so this isn't the best lead up!! : :)

I'll post some pics tonight.

Nitrocrazed racing: Sometimes it would have been better to stay home...

Dude, Sorry to hear that, never fails, I have done it too, Scootin along and, Bloody ell, What was that........

Phase III Racing: CA is our friend ;)

;D

Only 9 mph faster with just a prop change!

;D

Really inconclusive though, not really convienced it's better yet!

;D

Ya know Free speed has a price!

:p

how about letting the rest of us in on the story?

Ian,

Was the rear hop happening before the untimely demise?

Tim,

Yep, still had the hop, but we were running on a river with long period low height waves which are a real killer for riggers. After a few runs I smashed it up, so couldn't test all my props.

So I had to beg Mike to try my props. He never likes borrowing props, so I really had to work on him, but once he tried the quick one, which was 14k quicker than ANY of his props, he didn't want to give it back! :p His rudder isn't very long and the new prop made that a bit of a problem.

I cant really say what boat Mike runs because he doesn't want me too... :p

I have emailed you...

Nitrocrazed racing: Have to be greatful to my host....

hmmmm I have some hummingbird parts.... maybe I should put them together to make a boat one day????

EMS Racing Time isn't on my side

Back