Gas Tunnel popularity is increasing!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had you guys money I would build one and join the fun. Maybe some day. Kicking your ass Ron in gas tunnel would be a hoot. We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had you guys money I would build one and join the fun. Maybe some day. Kicking your ass Ron in gas tunnel would be a hoot. We'll see.
As Joe W would say, "Here Kitty Kitty!!!"... :p
It's a fun class for sure.

Get in line mike , Ron better get a faster boat , cause every going to kick his ass this year. LOL

Ugh,

Don't know yet, we were trying to get the boat in the water today and ran into a technical issue with the radio box. I will keep you posted.

D

Anyone running the European or South African hulls in the US? It would be interesting to see them run side by side.

Dion,

I have not seen any at the races I have attended. There is a great 1/4 Scale Gas Tunnel group on Facebook that has these hulls posted, so I joined their group. Check it out and add to the conversations.

I sold my gas tunnel after it won the Fall Nats a few weeks ago, and I am waiting on Carl to upsize his THOR for my new gas tunnel project. My old gas tunnel was consistently 58-61mph, and with my pad extensions and transom changes could easily make full speed turns. I am going in totally different directions on some aspects and I am hoping to push speeds to the mid 60's consistently.

What "Stalker" speeds are those hulls getting and can they make full speed turns?

what is the best boat right now

how is the gear drive lower holding up
Greg,

Totally in my opinion, the Loeb/Luszcz GS 480 is as of today, by far the best hull available as of what I have seen and personally raced against. Others are entering and I am sure will help make this class even more popular in our area. I do not have any experience with the geared lower so the jury is still out on that one around here!!!... :)

Greg,

I was using Petro's Zipp Kits cowling on mine, which I think was given to Dick Loeb. Mike has his own cowling as well. Maybe Beasley can chime in, but I think he found another source for them.

Thats right, Dick gave it to Mike. I forgot about that. Carl is designing new cowling moulds for all of his THOR offerings so eventually he will have them as well.

Greg,

I bought an extra cowling from Joe when I ordered mine. Its in my shop. If you need it we can work out a trade I am sure!!!... :)

I can sort you with a cowl Greg, I think Dave M has a design for a gas tunnel.

Ron, I can also turn at full speed but have just swapped to a faster engine so I will keep you posted on that one but don't see it being an issue. Always wanted to try a Dominator hull from SA, meant to corner better than what I am running now. One of Carls boats in gas would be good if he does them.

Think I might have to get in on this one for the 2014 WTC. The more the marrier, besides we can't let Ron have his way with EVFERY class he enters.

Ron,

Were you running the megaservo -2 in that tunnel at the Fall nats or something different?

Thanks,

Matt
Believe it or not, 2- Hitec 805MG's and # 6 rods I threaded myself from cold rolled steel #6 rod from Lowes!!!

null_zpsc48dfba8.jpg

null_zps39d2d042.jpg

Yeah the hitec set up is a good cheap option, I have been running two 805 servos linked for a couple of years now and they are still going strong.

Latest posts

Back