Gas Tunnel popularity is increasing!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You two need to get a room!!!…LOL :p

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL…… :D It's not even the first of the year and the excitement is already building on this one.

Randy, which lower did you get? I am so excited to take my boat out this weekend !

Dan,

Thats a nice cowl design. I believe Mitch built the boat, and looks like he used your cowl. Randy will have it back in the water in no time.

Matt,

I made several changes to that hull that seemed to really work well. I have sold it and I am working on a different project for the 2014 WTC. Since it now belongs to someone else and he paid top dollar for it, I think that would now be his decision. I will let him know that you would like a pic of the bottom to see what was done, and give him the option to post or not. Have a great week.

Thanks Ron, and I totally understand. I had heard from Wayne that someone had bought it and for the life of me can't remember his name but I appreciate you passing along the information.

I am trying to compare some different bottom designs compared to the bottom on my insane because it seems the insanes require so much more torque to turn than what I am seeing from most other boats.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt,

Yes. That tunnel had no problem driving the pins with two high torque quarter scale servos. This helped with the turning speed as well since the reaction time of that massive geared unit is so much slower. The guy that bought it was Stan Harrington. He has purchased some other boats from Wayne and he is on IW. Send him a PM to see what he says. Good luck.

Ah yes Stan that's it he's running Wayne's fm1 and kicking butt with it.

Ill on him thanks again Ron.

I definitely think something needs to change on my insane hull because it just loves to spin out in the turns an I see everyone else flyi. Through the turns

Yes. Stan has a couple of Wayne's boats, skiff and gas hydro, and they are very impressive. Play around with the CG and props and try to carry the nose higher through the turns. If that doesn't help, you have major hull design issues. I have noticed some of the gas tunnel designers have scaled down full size hull designs to create their gas tunnels. Watch these full sized F1 tunnels run. They make what I call "hook turns" around one buoy, not sweeping turns around multiple buoys, after the boat sets. Sound familiar?

Latest posts

Back