Gas Tunnel popularity is increasing!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dion,

Carl is working on a complete THOR line-up of tunnels after he finalizes his processes with the first release that will have all pieces to build either Nitro 20 stock/sport/mod or FE P Limited/Spec. He will be offering a POD option for ModVP as well. Gas Tunnel will be in his lineup, so that will be my next hull. Carl's knowledge of tunnels speaks for itself, so I like many others, will be switching as each of his offerings are made available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you guys running modded motors or stock? Just for my own info. Where would I find some pics and info on Thor tunnels? Forgot it was thanksgiving for you guys today so Happy Thanksgiving.

Rick

Great news Ron!! Might have to jump on board that boat myself :)
Yes, it is great news for all of us, and not just in Gas Tunnel!!!!.... ;) Just keep watch on IW as Carl will keep us updated on his progress and availability as he puts the finishing touches on his offerings and makes them available one by one!!!!!

Definitely "hold your breath"!!!... :)

I think he just made his last revision on the first version. Once he starts shipping the first version, the other versions should follow soon. Tunnel racing is getting ready to hit a new level for sure!!!... :)

Definitely "hold your breath"!!!... :)

I think he just made his last revision on his first tunnel version. Once he starts shipping the first version, the other versions should follow soon. Tunnel racing is getting ready to hit an entirely new level for sure!!!... :)

I've been following that thread and it's a brilliant idea for wood building so I am very interested in seeing how the boats actually run. Once finished the boats should be extremely stiff which as the boats get bigger will be extremely beneficial.

Can't wait to see his gas version and if it looks promising ill probably end up building one for myself I love running these tunnels they are addicting.

Matt,

We are glad to have another tunnel head for sure. We are all excited about the future tunnel offerings from VANSRACING!!... :)

Hi David,

Dragon drive idea great, but much room for improvement. All, and all, well done to Arrow Shark for a great attempt. I personally have been running one on my new GX480, and happy with results. (ROOKIE AT BEST,BUT GETTING THERE) Price seriously too expensive. Gears doing just fine, but rear thrust bearing needed to be sealed from direct water exposure. I have had a new shaft turned,modified lower housing to accept rear seal, but not completed yet. Will update as soon as i have results with pictures.

Secretly!! i have been busy with developing my own similar drive. Very costly for private individual.

2014, all will be revealed. " F1RC BOATS SOUTH AFRICA"

Hey Bobby,

I have a Lawless like I was using on the other gas tunnel, but I am going to try the new Arrowshark geared lower I picked up first. As mentioned above, it needs a few mods here and there but if the gears hold up, I think it could be a home run. Are you going to join us gas tunnel guys and help us grow the class???.....
default_smile.png

Hi David,

Dragon drive idea great, but much room for improvement. All, and all, well done to Arrow Shark for a great attempt. I personally have been running one on my new GX480, and happy with results. (ROOKIE AT BEST,BUT GETTING THERE) Price seriously too expensive. Gears doing just fine, but rear thrust bearing needed to be sealed from direct water exposure. I have had a new shaft turned,modified lower housing to accept rear seal, but not completed yet. Will update as soon as i have results with pictures.

Secretly!! i have been busy with developing my own similar drive. Very costly for private individual.

2014, all will be revealed. " F1RC BOATS SOUTH AFRICA"
Sounds great Donald. Looking forward to seeing your lower design as well.

Back