Gas scale Smokin' Joe's build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThomasRasmussen

Hi.

I wanted to share my Smokin' Joe's build. This project has been ongoing for many years with lots of downtime due to lack of proper work space. I'm determined to finish this big boat, but I realisticly have set no deadline. These days I'm working on moulding the wings and cowling from epoxy. The moulds are finished exept for the main cowling. I will try to post updates as I go along.

All input are welcome
default_smile.png

Built from Newton Marine plans, enlarged 20%

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

20160612_204530.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for those encouraging words Mike. One thing is for sure, with a kit I would have been finished by now, lol. Eight years since I started this build. Although much of the time has gone because of the lack of proper workspace.

A little update; Rigged my vacuum setup yesterday and did a "dry run". Seems to be working so will post pictures when I try my first ever attempt to vacuum mould.

My first ever attempt at vacuum molding today. My happy little pump is humming along so now it's the waiting game. Will post pics of the finished part later.

20160618_131540.jpg

20160618_131549.jpg

20160618_131554.jpg

And I'm tying to learn TapaTalk on my cell. Not easy, LOL. Anyone know how I delete a post?

Thanks Don. Just had a feeling most here were pure racers. I used to race but that's a few years ago. I like the scale boats but there are little interest for that where I live.

Latest posts

Back