Gas Scale hydro builds

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really doubt that it will be ready by Evansville. The cowl is going to take some time.

Todays progress.
Big bird what plan # is that or hull?

Did you have a belly pan?

I see Impba just passed a 1 year trial for gas scale boats and there is a 5 inch wide belly pan rule.

The ML 82U55 gas kit Im working on has a 6 inch wide bellypan if you leave it as is.

The bellypan is not needed on the gas hull, I just redrew the line and trimmed the engine well frames so the bottom has no belly pan just a smooth curve up to the bow.

I had to look back at my records to see what Mike Bird was building..its the 108 kit. You guys better look out, that is a great hull, its gonna give those 8255's a fit! haha

Will start soon need to get a couple Tboats done and out of the shop first. I only have 5 boats under construction. It won't take long for Rob's boat thou.

Here's a sneak peek that Jeff just sent of his '79 Circus Circus. He painted all of the PINK and applied the decals and gold stripe today! Not clear coated and he doesn't have the cowl yet.

JA79CC2.jpg

After a long break on the 8255 hull, I am finally making progress! I added some more foam to the sponsons as well as a little weight and the top sheeting is installed. Time to start drilling some holes for the hardware...

I need to drill the holes for the strut, rudder, and stuffing tube. I'll also need to make a pipe mount, trim the sheeting in the front and work on the back winglets and transom area.

With any luck, I may be able to do some testing Monday...prior to painting that is.

004b.jpg

005b.jpg

006b.jpg

Thanks Phil...hopefully we will have four 8255's and a Circus for the June race. Been feverously sanding, gluing to get 'er done!

Back