Gadget Outboard Pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rene,

I really like your pipe mount - and to be a Gino mount I suspect a cable tie needs to be on there somewhere!

Oh okay,I have some cable ties, I will put one somewhere so I can tell the guys at the pond this is how they do it in the OZ LOL..

Oh BTW ,I like the pipe it is working well, But still more testing to be done but pulls good.

I do the same as tim but I use a 4 40 rod that is threaded at one end and I put a nyloc nut instead of the first wheel collar / dura collar. This way it cant come off . I have had the collar vibrating loose when I ran really hot modded motors
Good idea! I'll have to look into that next time!

I use the cutter parts of the pliers and score a ring around the rod behind the collar or just cut with blunt cutters which seems to be enough to stop the collar coming off. I use a small file to clean up when I do want to remove it. Just added security I suppose.

On the last I built, I made a collar from 6061 T6 that was a larger diameter, and filed a flat on it for crankcase clearance. This allowed me to use a bigger & longer grubscrew on the other side of the collar to the flat. On the pipe side of the crankcase lug I didn't use a collar at all, just bent a Z into the wire. So far so good but it's early days of testing.

Hey Guys,

Quick question on the gadget pipes. On mine, I can feel the texture of the carbon cloth. Will these get saturated with oil on the outside? I am thinking I should seal with West Systems before I use for the first time. The original Gadget pipes were better sealed from the elements like the SPP's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys,

Quick question on the gadget pipes. On mine, I can feel the texture of the carbon cloth. Will these get saturated with oil on the outside? I am thinking I should seal with West Systems before I use for the first time. The original Gadget pipes were better sealed from the elements like the SPP's.
aloha fellow boaters I would like to no were to drill a hole for the preassure fitting on this pipe any pic mahalo Jon

Hey Guys,

The original ones were also vaccuum bagged (thus the texture) and they did weep oil but it doesn't seem to alter the way they work. In my experience they got slightly better! The only difference in the new ones vs the old ones is the carbon sock used is a different (better) quality. Molds, primary molding technique, resin, curing etc is all the same as far as I know.

West systems may not be compatible with the resin used, in that I don't know if it will cure properly over the top of it. I personally would not bother.

Hi Ron..

These pipes are vac bagged in two stages and are resin saturated prior to bagging they will not absorb oil or anything else..If you use west systems or any other type of Epoxy you will ruin the pipe.. The interior of the pipe has a gloss finnish..And these pipes are better than any previous pipes I have manufactured and I should know they have all been made by myself..All that has changed is the second stage moulding technique..

Cheers John.

Gadjet Craft..

Thanks for the feedback guys. The textured feel of the raw carbon cloth on the outside has me worried about oil contamination.

Mine arrived yesterday. :D I've been wanting to test one of these on a Mac for years... Now I can. :)

Back