FUTABA USA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is what I have found..

The location is not super critical.. its like a flow meter.. its relieve to your setup.

What is nice about this is... you can see at what temp the engine is at when your pipe comes on.

Grim.

Here is what I have found..

The location is not super critical.. its like a flow meter.. its relieve to your setup.

What is nice about this is... you can see at what temp the engine is at when your pipe comes on.

Grim.

Ok yes I was just seeing if it is a worthy addition to purchase.
Thanks

neve thought of it that way Mike thanks !
see ya this summer ??

O yea.. we have plans to race in Mendota again this summer.. I dont know if my program will be up to snuff tho.. I am replacing my 10 year old VS1 with a new one.. I hope I can get it up to speed quickly.

Have some other plans in the works this summer too.. so we will see.

Grim

I knew there was something I did not like about this.. I have made a major mistake and I KNEW better..LOL.. let me re up the video.. hang tight.

Grim

Hi Mike, I have a 7px now too and have a temp sensor on the center dial it will show current temp at bottom in F but highest temp in the center appears to read in Celsius.
Is this a setting to be changed or a system glitch?

Phil, This is confirmed as a bug.. communication is open with Futaba regarding addressing the issue.. sorry for the trouble.

Grim

Thanks Mike
Good stuff.
The only thing I’d add is to try to use the shortest servo arm possible, it spreads gear wear over more teeth as well as optimizing servo resolution.
John

Thanks John,, something to note however.. the longer the servo and tiller arm the less slop the system has to deal with. The longest horn available is mechanically the best way to go. Say 1/10 of an inch of “slop” (just a number) develops in clevis pin to control horn connection over time. If you’re using a 1 inch horn versus a ½ inch horn, you’ve lessened the affects of that slop by half..

Just food for thought..

Grim

Hello Grimracer,

Where is the best place to purchase a couple of Futaba R203GF receivers? I was looking at the compatibility chart and of these are there any cheaper alternatives that would be as good as the R203GF receiver?

Thanks for your time,

Lee

Hello Grimracer,

Where is the best place to purchase a couple of Futaba R203GF receivers? I was looking at the compatibility chart and of these are there any cheaper alternatives that would be as good as the R203GF receiver?

Thanks for your time,

Lee
I have that receiver in every boat I own and I have had ZERO failures.

A few notes about the 203.. it does not have gold plated pins.. (read in your maintenance is more important)

The 203 does not have a clip on antenna.. so to change it for any reason would require a trip back to Futaba (it is potted)

the 203 is "labeled" an "Electric Car" Receiver, I dont personally think this is an issue just a heads up.

you can order here if you like.. but shop around, you might find a better deal someplace else.

https://futabausa.com/product/r203gf/
Grim

Coming soon..... hope to get a video out this week on the 3PV

Attachments

• 20210831_064806.jpg
    20210831_064806.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
Back