FUTABA USA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can the R203GF receiver be used on non digital servos? If you rig a boat with digital servos then what system (TX/RX) do you need?

Richard.. will do.. thanks.. I will take a look and see if there is anything that can be done.

Mark.. YES.. it can.. if you rig your boat with non digi you can use this RX as well. I dont think the RX has limitations regarding the type of servo used.. The TX "MIGHT" but not in all cases (Typically one can select the servo type in the TX..).. as a side note... the R203G is called out as a EP CAR RX.. meaning its max range is called out "likely" as 80M... me.. I would not use it in RC boating. Besides its not a diversity RX...

If you are thinking about a radio change the 4PM is a great system for the money... I had one here and a buddy of mine borrowed it.. he has not returned it yet.. he said I can not have it back yet...LOL...

Grim

Great info in the video Mike.
The 7PX is on my wish list.

Just wish it was backward compatible with all my 603fs.

Duke... you and many more.. THE NUMBER ONE CONCERN.. mine too.. It was too bad they chose not to have the 603 follow along. I dont know the "why" maybe it was marketing BUT.. I do have some other in site but we can suck down a beer over that one...

you are going to LOVE This system when the times comes.. it is WITHOUT QUESTION the nicest system I have EVER used.

Grim

Last edited:
Its hard to make the switch to FHSS from the Fasst system when I have seen issues with boaters and their FHSS systems.

Duke.. if you remember.. this was about the time you started racing.. when FASST came out the team and others in RC boating made a push to use FS (Diversity) receivers. They also sold the FF RX but as you know the push was for the FS... you had a 603FF or a 603FS.. we found out early the FS was much better for boating.

Then

As we moved into FHSS systems in stepped some confusion. The RXs no longer had the same number with a qualifier..like FF or FS they had just a number.. you have to look look for the words Diversity Receiver. guys were using 304s... but placing the antenna in the same position as they were when using the FS RXs.. but now.. no longer had a diversity system.

A number of years ago I had a hit at Mendota. I was like.. what the heck.. I started talking to the company and setup a test rig.. (I still have and use it).. I posted that test and results on I waters some time ago.

I also have to thank RC boater Brian Spitzer for spending time with me on the phone providing a second point of results.

If you follow the simple rule of a diversity RX and make sure the antenna is up out of the boat.. your going to be just fine.

Not sure this helps.. just trying to help shed some light.

Grim

Thanks Grim. Your posts here are getting me excited and confident about a new Futaba radio. Hopefully I can get one setup for this season on a few boats.

Would it be risky to race using a 4PM with a FHSS receiver rated for 100m range? Is the FASST receiver better range or just faster response? Also, the Futaba site lists a lot of nice high torque 'air' servos. Can these servos be used on the surface systems? Trying to figure this out!

Mark,

Yes.. that will work.. just remember in all marine cases we (the guys on the marine team) recommend the 400 mm antenna.

100M is the current standard for long range surface applications.

Any of the Futaba servos will work.. just look for things like gear train strength.

Grim

Last edited:
Mark,

for a BUNCH of my "stuff" I REALLY like this servo.

https://futabausa.com/product/s3070hv/

I have them in planes.. helis and some of my boats too.. The price is very nice for the specs of the servo.

(from Tower)

This is the Futaba S3070HV High Voltage, Ball Bearing, Metal Gear Equipped,
Standard Size S.BUS Servo.

FEATURES
Designed for models that require high speed and high torque
May also be used in conventional (non-S.BUS) systems
Ball bearing equipped output shaft
One year limited warranty through the Futaba USA Service Center
beginning at date of purchase

INCLUDES
Futaba S3070HV S.BUS Servo, 0.83 (21mm) Round Horn, 1.4 (35.8mm)
diameter Round Horn, (39mm) 4-Point Horn, 1.2 (32mm) 6-Point Horn
Mounting Hardware and Instructions

SPECIFICATIONS
Speed:
0.17 sec60 at 6.6V
0.15 sec60 at 7.4V
Torque: 80.5 ozin (5.8 kgcm) 6.6V
90.3 ozin (6.5 kgcm) 7.4V
Size: 1.57 x 0.79 x 1.50 (40 x 20 x 38.1mm)
Weight: 1.73oz (49g)
Power Supply: 6.0 - 7.4V

SBus Programmable Defaults
Dead Band Degree: 0.45
Damper Factor: 128
Stretcher Gain: 1
Boost: 30
Neutral Offset Degree: 0
Travel Adjust Percentage: 100
Reverse (NormalReverse): Nor
Stop Mode (FreeHold): Hold
Buzzer (OnOff): Off
Smoother (OnOff): On
Boost (OnOff): Off
Soft Start: 3.0

Looks like a good one. I think I had the older 3305's in my stock outboard boats. About the same torque rating. I think overkill on outboards is a good thing. Don't remember the number but I noticed they also have a standard size servo that has 250 oz. torque on 6 volts.

My current sport tunnel has a BLS351 servo.. I like it well enough but some of my other servo setups I like better. The BLS351 has been discontinued (its not a high voltage servo) and i just need to take the time to change it out. I run it at 5.2V

Features:
• Equipped with a brushless motor that lasts longer and operates at a lower temperature than Brushed motors
• Samarium cobalt magnets and dual ball bearings
• 30% faster response times, smoother operation.
• Same power consumption and centering as digital servos equipped with brushed motors
• Metal gears

Specs:
Weight: 63g
Size: 40mmx20mmx36.8mm
Torque: 12.5kgf.cm (4.8V)~15.6kgf.cm (6.0V)
Speed: 0.16sec/60deg (4.8V)~0.13sec/60deg (6.0V)
Voltage: 4.8~6.0V
Motor: Brushless
Type: Digital
Ball Bearing: 2 Ball Bearing
Plug: Futaba

I might move this servo over to my JAE OB Hydro and bring in a H700 for the sport tunnel.

Grim

Thank you Shane.. I hope to address Telemetry soon..

If anybody has any content they would like to see please let me know.

Grim

Latest posts

Back