Futaba Radio

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stan simpson iv

I have a friend who has a stick transmitter Futaba radio model 3GR-2.4 and needs to know what battery would be the best to get for the transmitter. It came with two R60FF receivers. They say there are no stupid questions,so be kind to me.lol Just trying to get a new person into boating. Thx

If it came with the pack for AA batteries I suggest using those. Went to standard batteries you can buy at the store and they have lasted all season and I run alot with multiple boats on one transmitter. Just watch the voltage readout.

Stan buddie my Futaba transmitter came with double a batteries i would use the same he can get recharge batteries if he wants

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hobbico HydriMax nimh is what I use in my Futaba PMX transmitters and this year have tried Eneloop nimh rx packs from Batteries America with great results.

Was just looking at the manual, on line, for this radio and it says three things:

1) NEVER USE AA SIZED NICADS

2) Always remove dry cell batteries if the radio isn't going to be used for an extended period of time

3) Always use an NT8F700B NiCd battery

The manual didn't say anything about using LiFe batteries but it's probably an option, as long as you can find a 9.6 volt pack

Was just looking at the manual, on line, for this radio and it says three things:

1) NEVER USE AA SIZED NICADS

2) Always remove dry cell batteries if the radio isn't going to be used for an extended period of time

3) Always use an NT8F700B NiCd battery

The manual didn't say anything about using LiFe batteries but it's probably an option, as long as you can find a 9.6 volt pack
THANK YOU...
default_smile.png

Stan,

I have LiPo packs made just for Futaba radios that used 8 AA pack. These packs are the highest capacity that will fit in the battery compartment. They go several months on a single charge.

I have them in stock.

The radio was designed as a 12 volt radio so you want a 3S 11.1 volt Lipo in it.

Life packs are no good for these radios as they are only 9.9 volt and barely over the 8.5 volt low voltage limit. Same reason the NiMh and NiCd 9.6 volt packs always sucked in them also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put in one of the Hobby King Lipo batteries in mine last year. Charge once and it lasts the whole season. If not, use the good old AA batteries in the tray provided. They last long as well.

Here's a link to their batteries:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/radios-receivers-1/rx-tx-batteries.html

Always check what voltage is required for your transmitter before buying a aftermarket battery. Some may vary. I have a 4PL here that only takes 4 - AA batteries and a 3PM that takes 8.

I put in one of the Hobby King Lipo batteries in mine last year. Charge once and it lasts the whole season. If not, use the good old AA batteries in the tray provided. They last long as well.

Here's a link to their batteries:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/radios-receivers-1/rx-tx-batteries.html

Always check what voltage is required for your transmitter before buying a aftermarket battery. Some may vary. I have a 4PL here that only takes 4 - AA batteries and a 3PM that takes 8.
Thank you Mike...will look into it.

stan, take a look at Maxxpacks.com. have been using batteries from them for everything i do R/C.boats,planes,cars and have very good luck with them,mike.

Back