Radio setup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACTION JACKSON

Supporting Member
I run a 4pls futaba. Does all the information on your setup stay in the radio or reciever. I need to know if I setup my boat on say #1 & want to pull the receiver out of that boat & use it in another boat & set it as boat # 2 will I erase the setup of boat # 1. even though I set the new boat up on # 2. or does the setup stay there for boat 1 & 2 all on the transmitter & the receiver just receives the setup signal from transmitter. I know I have to switch back & forth to what model number I want to run 1 or 2. Hope you have an answer. Thanks for any Information.

I run a 4pls futaba. Does all the information on your setup stay in the radio or reciever. I need to know if I setup my boat on say #1 & want to pull the receiver out of that boat & use it in another boat & set it as boat # 2 will I erase the setup of boat # 1. even though I set the new boat up on # 2. or does the setup stay there for boat 1 & 2 all on the transmitter & the receiver just receives the setup signal from transmitter. I know I have to switch back & forth to what model number I want to run 1 or 2. Hope you have an answer. Thanks for any Information.

It stays with the transmitter.
John

^That.
In theory you could use one single receiver for as many boats as you want if you keep swapping it out, since all the info is saved to your radio. But after a few boats, it's probably easier to buy a handful of receivers 😅

A little more info. All the model info is stored in the transmitter and if you set a failsafe setting in the receiver that will stick with the receiver. I believe with any FHSS Futaba radio the transmitter and receiver bind with a specific model selected on the transmitter. So if you run model 1 then want to switch to model 2 and you move the receiver from boat to boat you will need to rebind it. And of course it's a good idea to check the fail safe setting.

Back