Futaba PCM radio question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duck899

I have a couple of Futaba PCM 1024 (FC-3UCP) stick radios with R113ip receivers. The question is; Does anyone know if they require a special crystal to function in the receiver? Or, can one use a standard futaba FM crystal?

Thanks.....

I have a couple of Futaba PCM 1024 (FC-3UCP) stick radios with R113ip receivers. The question is; Does anyone know if they require a special crystal to function in the receiver? Or, can one use a standard futaba FM crystal?

Thanks.....
only standard (long) Futaba crystal don't use short another accept to use RX R133F( 3 channel FM Mirco) just turn switch" PPM" on PCM off Better contact to Bruce Blackett He has one so can explain you about it ;) Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I answered my own question by going to the futaba site.....The crystal required is stock # FUTL52** where ** is the frequency. The crystals I have currently are FUTL59**'s....They do not work but are for standard FM receivers.....Off to the hobby shop on saturday.....they sold me the wrong ones.....Thanks for all the speedy replies..... :)

I answered my own question by going to the futaba site.....The crystal required is stock # FUTL52** where ** is the frequency. The crystals I have currently are FUTL59**'s....They do not work but are for standard FM receivers.....Off to the hobby shop on saturday.....they sold me the wrong ones.....Thanks for all the speedy replies..... :)
Yes Wrong put crystal FUTL59** for only long DC (daul conversion)crystal must change use FM 75MHZ Frequency ch# 61 to 90( FUTL52**) just watch out make sure FM not AM also check TX module 75MHZ FM. Good Luck ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi! i have a question, what is the main difference between FM and PCM? and i have read that it has built in failsafe, is the failsafe for all the channels? meaning does it presets all channels whenever theres a loss of signal?

sorry i don't want to start another thread thinking that my questions also fall in this thread. :)

thanks!

hi! i have a question, what is the main difference between FM and PCM? and i have read that it has built in failsafe, is the failsafe for all the channels? meaning does it presets all channels whenever theres a loss of signal?

sorry i don't want to start another thread thinking that my questions also fall in this thread. :)

thanks!
I know tat you can set the throttle and ruder to fails safe I have mine set to throttle off and full right rudder when the signal is lost

thanks!
I know tat you can set the throttle and ruder to fails safe I have mine set to throttle off and full right rudder when the signal is lost
ive seen you race and you only turn right and dont touch the throttle but i thought you kept it pegged. Mike

Back