fuel cells.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimD

I just got a new fuel cell from Power Surge Racing Products for an Eagle SG67 and it is AWESOME. I now have 2 of these tanks from Mike Z and they are the best I've ever seen.

I would reccommend them to anyone looking for a metal tank!

Thanks again Mike!

Tim.

My Hummingbird Hydro also came with one of Grim's tanks and it is the best metal tank I have seen! It even survived coming out of the boat at probably 80+ mph and hitting the rear sponson without leaking!!! :p

Good stuff Mike!

The guy I had build this tank does a really nice job as well,

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/cf90/tanker.jpg

the fit and quality is pure perfection. Building a boat and not worrying about tank fit is really nice.

Oh, it was Grim too!

-MikeP

Thanks guys.. ;)

My head is about as big as a beach ball and im starting to blush :-[

Remember I will not have a bad Fuel Cell out there so if for some reasion you begin to have probelms let me know ASAP and i will fix, replace or redesign untill you have just what you want.

Mike P that boat looks KILLER.. holy "carbon" cow MIKEMAN.. TO THE BOATPOND...

I have said this before and i will say it again the reasion I love model boating is the people.. It is the people that make model boaing fun not just the boats or the racing...

Grimracer ;D

Mike,

My fuel cell took a nasty hit and has a dent in about the middle of the bottom edge nearest the engine. It doesnt leak, and still fits in the boat okay. Should I be worried, or just leave it? I will shortly have a spare anyway.... ;D

Ian.

Ian,

My SG45 has a Terry Tank in it... will report on it as I go but it seems to work fine and it didnt have a problem fitting in the boat.... It looks well built and nicely presented.

I noticed a lot of percieved tank problems at the nats... I know they werent Grims or Terry tanks...

My X hydro has a homebuilt brass tank in it that seems to work.. :)

Dale,

Are you getting tanks (cells if you want) made for the twin? No offence but 16 oz sullivans suck... I think you could get 20 oz easy in there with a metal tank. Having inbuilt feeder tanks would be nice too... Maybe get some custom ones made?

I think the only thing missing from the steel tanks is a way of visually seeing if they are full or not... would be nice if they had a little window on them somewhere... maybe up the top where the pressure inlet goes???? like the little bubbles on the sullivan tanks??

EMS Racing ;D spot the teeth

Ian

The tank will be OK as long as it does ot leak. If it looks bad and that is bugging you (it would me) you might want to replace it. Otherwise it will work fine.

Dale

Also your right about the percived tank problems we see from time to time. Most of the time it is sompthing else but it is eazy to blame the tank.

Also i have a sight gauge on my tunnel tank that works quite well. I have to take a tilt the boat on end to use it but it works quite well. It would be tough to fit this to a hydro tank but i guess it coud be done..

Grim

Mr Grim (if I may call you that ;D)...

Sorry for the confusion, but I am Craig.. Dale is Twin K90... I was addressing points to different people in my message.. :)

Having a twin 90 on the way myself I am worried about the fuel supply but I dont lile running the flat 16oz sullivan tanks and header tanks all over the place. Too much plumbing that can fail for my liking. Also int he same space a metal tank with inbuilt header could carry 20-22 oz easily. That could be handy for a pair of thirsty 90s...

My thought was to have a plastic bubble attached to the top of the tank where the breather tube feeds into the tank (like the sullivans) so you could see when they are full... I dont know how difficult that would be but it would be a handy addition.

EMS Racing Another Australian posthog....

Grim,

I will retire the tank to the spares section of the shed when I get my new one then! ;D

Craig,

How about soldering in a screw top lid to the rear of the top surface of the tanks. Should be plenty of room under the canopy (Dale fits those headers easily), you can fill the tanks with a funnel (much faster than pumping 20oz into each tank!) and you can unscrew the lid for a quick look at the fuel level or inspection for rust etc. Common practice for the metal Multi tanks over here.... 8)

Nitrocrazed racing: Out-posting Twin_K90.....

Question....what would happen if you put a short nipple at the top, and another at the bottom of the tank. Connect the two with a piece or clear fuel tubing to make a 'sight glass', like on a commercial coffee pot. ???

PJ that sounds like a good idea to me, though a solid clear plastic peice with very strong seals would be the best, more tubing=more risk. then again, im just an insignifigant Sullivan 6oz newbie in the world of fuel tanks..... :)

Joe

Craig,

Will get some drawings off to Grim for the tanks,

i think slightly narrower than the flat tanks (they are a tight fit) and a bit higher would give 20oz pretty easy,

my boat dosent use 16oz in a race so 20oz would be prefect,

ill get 2 for my boat as well, and maybe a set for james, make it worth grims effort,

Ian,

been busy at work!! hard to believe but its true!!

Grim,

Will get some sizes off to you early next week with a order for some tanks!!

Dale

Grim,

would it be possible to make two tanks side by side that are one piece sort of thing?? maybe share a common bottom piece?? our tub is 8in wide so there is plenty of room there!!

Dale

Dale,

I would stick to seperate tanks... more potential for disaster with the two combined... like what happens when you get hit and only one tank is damaged???

EMS Racing Fail a lot and success tastes so much better

Latest posts

Back