• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS 1/8 Scale Velasco hull & hardware

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenng

Henry Velasco heavy lay up 108 style hull(Notre Dame, etc.) Mike Hughes bottom mounts for CMB 67. Speedmaster strut and rudder. Carbon fiber bracket, fin and strut mounts. 3 tank set-up in the front. Left mounted radio box with servos, seals and linkages.

This boat was built as a "Fun Run" boat- a Lexan windshield was made but the boat was not painted in scale colors or decaled and no dummy stacks or driver were installed. It did get a nice red/black 2 part epoxy paint job and clear coat.

There is no provision for a 3rd channel remote needle as it was meant to use a stock O.S. 9B carb.

No motor is included but a AB 5 degree header that telescopes into the AB 67 quiet pipe and a Teflon stinger extention and thru transom exhaust fitting will be included. A 1/4 X 3/16" stepped shaft and dog are included.

The boat only had two brief runs on it when the club went to the all racing/no fun format. I would prefer a local sale since shipping has got what I'd consider a bit too pricy but I still have the large box the bare hull shipped in- so the buyer would have to foot the entire shipping/insurance price(probably over $100.00).

I can send pics to your e-mail on request. I'm open to offers(except really stupid ones) :D

Thanks,

Glenn

A few things I failed to mention- the boat is set-up properly. with motor and all hardware and empty tanks the boat's balance point is 3/4" aft of the sponson transoms. All three tanks have the Sullivan red anodized caps.

Scales are dying out here Glenn, the boat hit the water had some trouble but found out the problem the water fitting to the head was cracked so it was over heating

Scales are dying out here Glenn
Yeah I'm thinking -NOT- couple new boats will be running D-3 in 14 even if the old leaders crew bails-

but I really dont see that happening. -_-

Okay back on track- sorry for the Hi-Jack Glenn.

Email me the pics and I will post em here for ya B)

Sent you a pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here ya go Glenn- Sorry it took so long, I didnt realize you emailed them to me. ^_^

21m7pz8.jpg

2li7cdi.jpg

qs6trq.jpg

2ltobbl.jpg

52kg92.jpg

xkxgcy.jpg

11s32u8.jpg

Scales are dying out here Glenn, the boat hit the water had some trouble but found out the problem the water fitting to the head was cracked so it was over heating
Scales are not dying down here,some people have other hobbies also.

and other things going on in life,trust me when i tell you the melbourne race will have plenty.

I've had some questions in e-mails and P.M.'s so would like to clarify a few things.

1. Price is $400.00 Firm. Buyer pays all shipping and insurance costs.

2. Interior layout can be easily changed. The radio box is bolted it with 2 small S.S. fasteners as is the main wood rail to keep the tanks in place. Tanks are 8/8/6=22 ounces. I did glue in a few small pieces of pine to keep the center mounted 6 OZ tank in place but can remove them if you would like.

3. The turn fin mounting has two hole patterns drilled and tapped. You can run a straight fin @15 degrees or set it to 0 degrees to use a curved fin.

4. Servos, The steering servo is a Airtronics 94358 200 OZ analog MG. Throttle- Futaba mighty mini MG 3102 analog. Switch- HD Futaba.

5. I found a NEW WHH 1/8 driver (open face helmet) and steering wheel that I will include.

6. No prop receiver or battery will be included.

Thanks,

Glenn

I've had some questions in e-mails and P.M.'s so would like to clarify a few things.

1. Price is $400.00 Firm. Buyer pays all shipping and insurance costs.

2. Interior layout can be easily changed. The radio box is bolted it with 2 small S.S. fasteners as is the main wood rail to keep the tanks in place. Tanks are 8/8/6=22 ounces. I did glue in a few small pieces of pine to keep the center mounted 6 OZ tank in place but can remove them if you would like.

3. The turn fin mounting has two hole patterns drilled and tapped. You can run a straight fin @15 degrees or set it to 0 degrees to use a curved fin.

4. Servos, The steering servo is a Airtronics 94358 200 OZ analog MG. Throttle- Futaba mighty mini MG 3102 analog. Switch- HD Futaba.

5. I found a NEW WHH 1/8 driver (open face helmet) and steering wheel that I will include.

6. No prop receiver or battery will be included.

Thanks,

Glenn

MAN,,, I wish I could!!!!

I would consider it too except the wife and I just forked out $30K on a travel trailer and parts needed for the truck to tow it. It doesn't help that I already have a Muck version of that hull almost ready for paint. To buy another one would have me "beheaded" :ph34r:

Henry Velasco heavy lay up 108 style hull(Notre Dame, etc.) Mike Hughes bottom mounts for CMB 67. Speedmaster strut and rudder. Carbon fiber bracket, fin and strut mounts. 3 tank set-up in the front. Left mounted radio box with servos, seals and linkages.

This boat was built as a "Fun Run" boat- a Lexan windshield was made but the boat was not painted in scale colors or decaled and no dummy stacks or driver were installed. It did get a nice red/black 2 part epoxy paint job and clear coat.

There is no provision for a 3rd channel remote needle as it was meant to use a stock O.S. 9B carb.

No motor is included but a AB 5 degree header that telescopes into the AB 67 quiet pipe and a Teflon stinger extention and thru transom exhaust fitting will be included. A 1/4 X 3/16" stepped shaft and dog are included.

The boat only had two brief runs on it when the club went to the all racing/no fun format. I would prefer a local sale since shipping has got what I'd consider a bit too pricy but I still have the large box the bare hull shipped in- so the buyer would have to foot the entire shipping/insurance price(probably over $100.00).

I can send pics to your e-mail on request. I'm open to offers(except really stupid ones) :D

Thanks,

Glenn
Hi Glenn, where did you get the transom fitting? I'm thinking I could machine those on my lathe but interested if someone is making them and selling them, thanks

Back