friking! friking! friking!!!!!!!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
izitbrokeyet? said:
I run NR7TGF and NR7TGC and NR8TGC...In my Novarossi.........fortunately I dont have to say that much :blink:
69801[/snapback]

KB speaketh the truth. Those plugs are the way to go in a N/R. more revs and more power.

If you are still chasing a setup I'd suggest you stay away from cold plugs, use a small prop and work up to that stuff later once you are happy with the carb.

Personally - i'd leave the low end needle there and just leave it wound out so that it only just idles on it (v. rich) I like low end needles but they are difficult if you have it too lean.

Tim.

izitbrokeyet? said:
I run NR7TGF and NR7TGC and NR8TGC...In my Novarossi.........fortunately I dont have to say that much :blink:
69801[/snapback]

Does running these plugs allow you to back off the throttle without falling off the pipe?

I run mc-9's now

Thanks Mike

I can’t see how just going to a turbo plug will help you to stay on the pipe at a lower carb setting. Usually; I find a problem with my motor of fuel setting if I start falling off the pipe prematurely (assuming no other changes were made).

have fun :)

here we go! got the carb mod i cut the idle needle off i took the 3rd channal out and i cut the spray bar in half. the engine now idels perfict but still stalls in the water, :angry: i'v played with the mixer for a while with the same resalts so i got the mac carb on alot better but still stalling on number 5 bouey so i changed the berall to .300 from a .350 alot better now stalling on the second lap at #3 it seems that it loads up on the top end and then dies. I had some K&B 1S plugs they blew up on the stan.so i'v stayd with #9 with the same S*_* all day I think as alot of you said that the plugs are to cold and the head been at .019 that it dosen't help either so monday i'm going to get the head machined and then i'll try again.around here i can't get different plugs :angry: so i have to get this thing running with #9 or #8s, please keep writing. i am the type of guy that tries everything all at once :lol: Thanks Nick

Nick,

I would invest in a Rod Geraghty carb for the Nova Rossi or a D&J from

Speedmaster then you will be able to mix the right amount of fuel and air.

I will then send you a few propellers to try that you won at the last race in

London. This should get you in the ballpark anyways. I took the Nova Rossi

carb off my motor the first time I opened the package,I would advise you to

do the same. By The Way, what pipe are you running on your Nova Rossi 21?

Nick can you email me your shipping address? The plugs are not your problem.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
shoboat said:
Nick,

I would invest in a Rod Geraghty carb for the Nova Rossi or a D&J from

Speedmaster then you will be able to mix the right amount of fuel and air.

I will then send you a few propellers to try that you won at the last race in

London. This should get you in the ballpark anyways. I took the Nova Rossi

carb off my motor the first time I opened the package,I would advise you to

do the same. By The Way, what pipe are you running on your Nova Rossi 21?

Nick can you email me your shipping address? The plugs are not your problem.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Hi Mark,

Thanks for replying so quick. I am running the pipe that you sold me at the London race and it sounds that it comes on the pipe, then loads up with smoke, and dies. And I dont think it leans out. I've checked the lines, the tanks, and it all is OK, so it's a puzzle what I'm willing to work on. I am very determined to get this thing going for Matthew so he can be competitive in the Spring. My address is Nick

83 O' Shaughnessy cres.

Barrie, Ontario

L4N 7L9

Thanks, Mark we'll talk soon

Nick

Nick,

Do you know what pipe it is? Can you post a picture of it? Some pipes work and some don't.

the pipe is a OPS 2380? or 8023? I don't know for sure Mark sold me the pipe and it sounds good.the prop was X 447 2 b a little small but the boat was moving ok I didn't want to try 14 seiries props because they're hard to get going off

the start but I have lots of 1445 and some 1716 1718 and 1616 and 17 mark did some for me at the London race.

Thanks Nick

it was cut for a N/R i did not measure it I bought the pipe used

Thanks Nick

Hey Bill and Charley are you two in the same room? :D because both of your post are a min apart :lol:

Move over, Bill.. Quit copying my replies..... :p

Nigtmare said:
Hey Bill and Charley are you two in the same room? :D because both of your post are a min apart :lol:
69944[/snapback]

You need to get the geraghty carb or something that works, leave the pipe where it is, get the head clearance under .10 and run the 1450. Short of something being wrong with the boat or it's setup, it should at least get around the course consistently.

From there, you can shorten the pipe a tad and try a H-7..

Good luck,

Charley

[Nick,

I had the very same problem earlier this year. Is the carb a three chanel carb.

My problem (simple as it seems was that I had the low speed closed too far, thus restricting the fuel flow. Open the low speed needle 3 to 4 turns, let the high speed needle do the work.

Once I figured out what I was doing with the carb, my NR has a full throttle range and is very responsive. Couldn't ask for a better running engine.

NR makes a very good carb.

Just a thought

Back