For the Guy's in the Seattle Wa. area

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Propwash

I am going to be out at the Boeing plant for 2 1/2 weeks from Feb 26 till March 16th. Are there any hobby shops that are worth going to ? Let me rephraze the question, are there any hobby shops in the Seattle area that carry more than the usual stuff that you see for boats-looking for more of the high end stuff that we normaly have to order from specific individuals? If so could you please give me address's of these shops please . I will be staying at the Residence Inn Suites in Tukwilla on West Valley road. I also plan on going to the hydroplane museum which is not to far away from where I am staying. But on their web site there are no hours of operation listed.Anybody know what their hours are ? . Thank you for the replies in advance. Geoff Overell. B)

I drove up there a little over a year ago and the days open were Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sun. No idea on the times. I didn't know this info at the time and arrived on a Friday :( I left a whole lot of face prints all over the windows looking in.

I raced Sat and Sun and then drove home to CA......one of these days.

Maybe I'll try Tri-Cities this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, there aren't any real "boat friendly" hobby shops in the area. The closest hobby shop that carries anything to do with boats is Ultimate Hobbies in Auburn. I've heard rumors of another in Renton, but I don't have any more information than that, though others that live closer may know for sure.

Unfortunately, there aren't any real "boat friendly" hobby shops in the area. The closest hobby shop that carries anything to do with boats is Ultimate Hobbies in Auburn. I've heard rumors of another in Renton, but I don't have any more information than that, though others that live closer may know for sure.

Yea, Ultimate Hobbies in Auburn is OK. The guy has some marine products, and can talk boats. I haven't found anything in the area worth bragging about though. I don't know of anything in Renton. If any of you do, please fill me in.

Hobbytown USA is near SouthCenter in Tukwilla, really close to where you are staying... They are mostly car and airplane stuff though, as well as static models and train stuff... They are carrying the full AquaCraft and ProBoat lines, however... Decent prices also...

There is a new hobby shop out in Black Diamond as well, but I can't recall the name right off the bat...

The Hydro Museum is open Tuedays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Here is their website: http://www.thunderboats.org/ GO THERE! It's worth the trip!!

If you wanted to drive an hour, Ray Fuller's shop is in Everett. TONS of Fast Electric History there, as well as the most up to date stuff. Here is his website: http://www.drcwebservices.com/ffe/

Hobbytown USA is near SouthCenter in Tukwilla, really close to where you are staying... They are mostly car and airplane stuff though, as well as static models and train stuff... They are carrying the full AquaCraft and ProBoat lines, however... Decent prices also...
There is a new hobby shop out in Black Diamond as well, but I can't recall the name right off the bat...

The Hydro Museum is open Tuedays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Here is their website: http://www.thunderboats.org/ GO THERE! It's worth the trip!!

If you wanted to drive an hour, Ray Fuller's shop is in Everett. TONS of Fast Electric History there, as well as the most up to date stuff. Here is his website: http://www.drcwebservices.com/ffe/
That hour drive is only on a good day. The norm is more like 1.5 to 2 hours due to all the road construction going on in the downtown area of I5. It takes me on average around 40 minutes just to get to Lynnwood :(

That hour drive is only on a good day. The norm is more like 1.5 to 2 hours due to all the road construction going on in the downtown area of I5. It takes me on average around 40 minutes just to get to Lynnwood :(
I avoid I-5 like the plague... Take I-405 to the Northern-most I-5 interchange, then go up from there... Do NOT do it at 8:00am or at 3:00pm in the afternoon!!

I avoid I-5 like the plague... Take I-405 to the Northern-most I-5 interchange, then go up from there... Do NOT do it at 8:00am or at 3:00pm in the afternoon!!
Better still, stay off I5 all together. By following 405 all the way to Hwy 99, you can go north much easier than trying to stay on the freeway. The road construction in Everett can be a bear to deal with.

The hydroplane museum would be a much better use of you time. For lack of a better term for hobby shops and boats up here it "SUCKS" You would think they would stock more with all the racing up here, but I guess they just haven't figured it out yet. Greg

Back